turkey joining the allies

While playing axis against the AI, Turkey joined the allies...does this happen alot? I didn't do anything to provoke it as far as I know. I certainly didn't invade spain or portugal, nor greece. Maybe the AI used diplo? I was just wondering if this was some sort of random thing, or if there was something that I could have done to stop it. And is this something that only happens when you play the AI, or is it possible to occur in a human game too?

Guest Mike

the AI certainly does use diplo - I've seen it work on Norway & Sweden to stop the convoys, Greece and Turkey too.

And of course Turkey did join the allies in WW2 - a bit late (March 45), but you know what htey say......

I have seen Turkey join with only 10% in 1942 so you cant let the allies have a positive number or you may see Turkey. Seems a little much but I watch after I had that happen to me a couple times. But there is also let them join so you can invade and conquer them quickly. They fall easily.

[Edited as I reread the script]

Looks like Turkey's alignment is immaterial.

The condition doesn't look all that logical to me, in that it would presumably be the presence of the British in the Middle East and the Soviets to the north that would encourage Turkey to join the Allies. Still, no big deal.

; Turkey

{

#NAME= Turkey Joins The Allies (10% - Allied AI)

#POPUP= Turkey Joins The Allies

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 0

#AI= 2

#COUNTRY_ID= 43

;Set war entry

#TRIGGER= 10

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1942/03/01

;Germany politically aligned with Axis and not surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 5 [1] [100] [0]

}