How about incorporating signals intelligence (sigint) into the game? Ultra and Magic had notable successes, although arguably of the two, only Magic produced the one strategic success (Midway). But, both (and Axis sigint programs too) were significant in uncovering enemy plans and movements.

This is my proposal: As the intelligence technology level increases give a better chance to recognize (or uncover) major enemy scripts like planning for amphibious landing or grouping for major offensives. Also, let units embarked in sea transport be revealed and let the number of resources assigned to convoy routes be revealed (the Germans were effective during the first part of the war in uncovering shipping departures).

RobertC ive done quite alot of research on Ultra(not so much on Magic)and believe me it was a MAJOR contributer in saving Britain early on in the war and winning(shortening) the war.

It was the major contributing factor in rommels loss in Africa.

It was able to in 1941 save the British about 350 plus merchant ships(about 1.5 million tons)by rerouting convoys away from uboats.

It told us about the Germans heavy water program in Norway.

It told us all about Peenemunde.

If we added Ultra and Magic and gave them the real capability they had it would amount to having the Fog of War on for the German turn and off for the Allied turn.Then by about 1943 the Axis would prettywell have to tell the Allies most of their strategic moves one turn prior so the Allies could prepare.Towards the end we were reading German messages as fast as they were.

Yes, this all true, but Rommel had a secret company that would get many of the intercepts from the British forces right up until ultra learned their location and the British desrt air force wiped them out(Just before Rommel's El Alamein assault). There were similiar units on all fronts for axis. They just lacked the strategic concept that the allies have because they did not invest in it. So by investing they could equal. Is one of the many great parts to SC2 and WAW that make it so good.

I think the original part of this thread is for the creation of an inteligence unit, that could be placed on a front for info directly relating to that front and not the grand hit or miss of the current intel. Which BTW is great compared to the old intel. See you.....

Konigs i agree totaly.

Actually one of the main reasons we ever cracked Enigma was BECAUSE the Germans thought it unbreakable and which led to the gross indiscipline of the German operators.

The book:Code breakers

The Hut Six Story

Alan Turing:The Enigma

Are three excellent books on the subject.If i recall correctly only the Gestapo codes were never really broken because they trusted no one and were extremely disciplined in the use of Enigma and its many variants.

Originally posted by Konigs:

I think the original part of this thread is for the creation of an inteligence unit, that could be placed on a front for info directly relating to that front and not the grand hit or miss of the current intel. Which BTW is great compared to the old intel. See you.....

You already got one.

Long Range Bomber, aka The Eye of Sauron. ;)

One of those "intercepts" was actually a USA diplomatic/war department official that was attached to the British forces in NA.

As an observer he sent correspondence to Washington with detailed information about UK force dispositions which were subsequently intercepted.

Took them awhile to figure it out.