Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

rebuilding units and pool limit

if you loose a unit and you were already over the pool, what will be the price of the lost unit (provided it was destroyed while in supply)? The reduced cost + over the pool penalty (if still over) or the standard cost without the reduced rebuild cost + the pool penalty?

SMG42,

Since you can be moving above or below the pool limit during combat, i.e. if units are destroyed, the price of the lost unit does not take into account any previously applied pool penalties, rather it will be the standard cost at 60% and then pool limit penalties will be applied if the rebuild purchase puts you over the limit once again.

Hopefully that makes sense,

Hubert

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Don't know, but I think the system is a little silly...so I'll go with the default answer: EDITOR!!!

-Legend

It simulates units retreating and this is why you do not need to fully resupply a new unit.

I'm not posting this to get a debate on retreat rules, I personally am not for any retreat rules, I like what Hubert did with the lower cost.

How is that silly? Your troops are OUT of supply, meaning they are cut off/surrounded, so they have noway to have some troops "retreat" back, if they get killed, they are wiped out or taken prisoner.

You don't get the discount AND you can't even buy that unit anymore.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Originally posted by TaoJah:

I was a bit surprised by the fact that you don't get the 40% discount if your unit dies out of supply, that's plain silly, I think !

its realistic, shattered divisions always had a certain amount of "cadres" still alive (veterans soldiers and subofficers) that sped up greatly the training of new recruits. Not so if the division is trapped and everybody sent to prisonners camps.