New Victory Conditions.

Since IMO(with 1.05 looming) we are rapidly approaching parity in H to H games, I'm wondering do we need to consider a new set of victory conditions.

Again, my opinion is when parity arrives, given two players of equal ability, in the end the Allies will win. Should we consider a date, a high water mark, or certain geographical locations as the deciding factors. Maybe all three and more.

I believe it would behoove this game to have the combat losses enter into the equation also. Now WaW.AWD and MWiF are considering this approach, well not considering, they actually accomplish the fact of defining a specific set of victory conditions.

Should we pass the platter and get some ideas, or just leave it as is....maybe..to early, eh?

My "historical" mod has an end date of 31 Aug 1945.

The the conditions for Axis are:

Major: Rome, Berlin, Warsaw, Munich and Prague

Minor: Berlin, Warsaw, Munich and Prague

Take in hand that I have the allies making more MPPs to try and bring it to a more historical number, oil wells at 5 instead of 3 and mines at 3 instead of 2.

And a fine mod it is Blashy, as I've stated before. Be more than willing to give you a go at it again, once you have incorporated 1.05.

What I've been thinking is the possession of certain critical locations over a period of time should then be adjusted with combat loss comparison to arrive at the final victory in a point type evaluation.

Places like you have enumerated, plus others, like the Suez, Gibraltar, Paris, Tehran, Malta, Antwerp, etc. All worth a defined number of victory points per turn, the game engine could keep the running tally. That point total then adjusted by the loss of combat units, some having a higher point worth than others, like a carrier is worth more than a sub, proportional to their MPP cost.

Resource considerations? Others, like tile control?

One of the few things I miss about SC1 was the score at the end. Even when you won, it was kinda cool to see that score - something to arbitrarily gauge the win against other games. If SC2 could have a more elaborate scoring system, something like what you've mentioned... that would be really cool.

My mod is now updated for v1.05 SeaMonkey.

It only has 10 changes.

I just try to keep it as close to Hubert's campaign as possible while trying to fix the production issue, that being the Allies being seriously underrepresented.

And a few others to help make all units appealing.

Originally posted by Capt Andrew:

One of the few things I miss about SC1 was the score at the end. Even when you won, it was kinda cool to see that score - something to arbitrarily gauge the win against other games.

Seamonkey: Places like you have enumerated, plus others, like the Suez, Gibraltar, Paris, Tehran, Malta, Antwerp, etc. All worth a defined number of victory points per turn, the game engine could keep the running tally. That point total then adjusted by the loss of combat units, some having a higher point worth than others, like a carrier is worth more than a sub, proportional to their MPP cost.
I agree, SC2 realy needs a better scoring system that reflects your losses in securing victory and how soon you achieved it with a log of the scores (and rank) for your last 20 games and the opponent you played - be it human or AI.

Victory Point Idea:

France Surrenders in 1939 - 25 points

France Surrenders in 1940 - 5 points

UK Surrenders in 1939 - 100 points

UK Surrenders in 1940 - 75 points

UK Surrenders in 1941 - 50 points

UK Surrenders in 1942 - 40 points

USSR Surrenders in 1939 - 100 points

USSR Surrenders in 1940 - 100 points

USSR Surrenders in 1941 - 100 points

USSR Surrenders in 1942 - 75 points

USSR Surrenders in 1943 - 50 points