Where is this heading?

It is always interesting when relecting or observing how we strive to improve things.

One of the secrets i guess with SC1 was its simplicity,and it was successfuly in raining in newbees as far as entry level wargammers and some curious grogs.But as we all got familar with it we ask for this and more.I for one enoyed SC1,but as a self confessed Grog got bored with it not to long wanting an to go beyond that level.

I continually keep hearing comparisons to,and in fact every Stategic wargame forum i hear the game Third Reich come up.I myself like the look of SC2 and wonder if it is moving towards the T/Riech level.Third Reich is begging to be reborne for alot of old Grogs.SO the question is,is this it?

[ January 13, 2006, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Titan ]

I favour what Edwin P. talked about alot...which is,various DIFFICULTY LEVELS...but i also would like to include varous COMPLEXITY-LEVELS!.

With various COMPLEXITY-LEVELS...one could either increase or decrease the COMPLEXITY of the game...for those who prefer SIMPLICITY...or for those who love COMPLEXITY (so called micro-managing)...then, they would be able to adjust the game to thier prefferd COMFORT-LEVEL!.

Well since this has been discussed before, I'll summarize the conclusion.

Remember the old board games with basic rules, intermediate rules, and then the advanced versions?

That kind of covers it. SC2 will have the scripted events. Rules to make the game more complex or to complicate matters at the players' discretion. The only problem is that these advanced rules/events will probably throw the AI into complete disarray and will only be applicable for customs and human games.

I've been reading up about this game recently, and am pretty excited. I have a question though. I always read people comparing this game to other games. So I will ask: is this game kinda simular to the SSI seris of panzer general/allied general for the PS1?

I understand a lot of other cool features are added, I'm just trying to get a feel for the type of play this game offers, since I haven't played any of the other games I sometimes see this game compared to.