Could someone more knowledgeable in scripts explain to me how Malts effects supply in the Med? What I want to justify in my own (admittedly feeble)mind is how an Island that is bombed down to 0 supply every turn can still cause so much havoc to the supply lines in the Med.

Historically when Malta was under heavy pressure it lost its effective :confused: ness in interdicting the Axis supply lines to N.Africa. I don't see this same dynamic id SC2 v1.6. :confused:

Malta is abstract to represent the long supply lines of North African Axis advances...

It's not meant literally as a true base of operations unless of course the Axis leave an opening and you can scout a place to attack! then it's quite useable

Historically it was bombed to hell until The Germans called it off... it is meant to slow down the German advance in N.Africa in game terms. It doesn't really work unless it strikes repeatedly... So it's a little game balancer

Axis can take it if they bombard it to hell, that is at least historical

Good point HR and I have to agree. Perhaps it will be fixed as Baron also presented a good case.

One thing to ponder is the "10th Flotilla". Historically, a UK deployed force of 15 U-class submarines, based out of Malta. Could they have been supplied by subs running the straits of Gibraltar or clandestined operations through Turkey, ...elsewhere?

Are there other possibilities?

Common sense dictates that Malta should be neutralized at this point, but we always need to examine the alternatives, especially in the "what if" venue that SC provides.