Dang Refresh Monkeys

32 hours to download, sheesh.

Dropped to only 14 hours at around 9 pm Central which gave me hope.

Then server reset around 10 pm, and I wept.

So, just how many attempts do we get at this? The email said two. Is that successful downloads or does it count my license number every time I give it a stab?

Lars, the download count is only set after a successfully completed download. Attempts do not count (unless there is some script error, which happened a couple of times yesterday, but hopefully we ironed out the last kinks).

And it also does not limit your license key use for installing and activating the game later in any way, that is counted independently.

Today your download should go much quicker, as we limit the number of parallel downloads. So while it my take some time before it's "your turn" to download, each user now has a sizeable bandwidth chunk for his use.

Martin

Well, mine would too, you moron.

Ahh, I like the sound of that. Let's just revel in it for a moment.

You moron.

Mmm…

So, where were we? Oh yeah. And then I'd have to email it to myself, which, while it might work better than the download site, it might not. And then I'd be screwed.

Like you soon will be once I get it installed and your PBEM setup arrives.

I believe that downloads will automatically time-out if you take longer than 24 hours at the moment. But if you're using a download manager, you can always resume. Even with dial-up, speeds should be much better now overall.

You can also download and burn the setup file to CD of course, and then install someplace else.

Martin

Well damn, I couldn't get through the company firewall, something corrupted the file.

So I started the painstaking dial-up dl. Got about the same as you Lars.

Got 35.5mb dled in 2.5 hours and the damn thing shut down. Trying again...overnight.

Let's hope we get lucky Lars.