You may already have adressed this, but two major changes I would like to see made, one the Allies AI would allocate research points to build up their ground forces, played the axis and carefully watched the Russians with FOW off just to see what happens, they amassed 1800 mpp's and not one went into infantry weapons research which is a must against the germans, as can be expected went through them like a hot knife cutting butter, is there a script that changes that? Second, why cant the Russian AI use the scorched earth policy to defeat the axis, I use it and always win with it on any settings. Backing up allows me to conserve MPP's for more infantry and tanks instead of always reinforcing my troops.

Thank you

Willy

Originally posted by Hyazinth von Strachwitz:

What exactly do you mean by scorched earth policy pls? I thought it is represented by the russian cities/mines/oil/seaports going to 0%... how else can you do that strategy?

Did you read my post or just pick one word out to suit yourself, you do that all the time, I addressed it to Hubert. You did not give me one clue to tell me that some things would be corrected, that's why I wrote the post in the first place mainly about the failure of the AI to upgrade it's troops, you didn't even give me the courtesy to give your opinion on that.

Willy

William,

Looks like you and Hyazinth have some history here but I see nothing in his post to justify your rather rude reply back.

Manners in this forum have been diminishing a lot lately. That will end as of NOW.

You guys treat each other with respect (and I mean the lot of you, not just you two) or I will start kicking you from the boards.

This is a game, and this forum is setup for the MUTUAL and RESPECTFUL desimination of game info, comments and questions. Anything else, is not acceptable.

Also, Hubert is currently away on some much deserved vacation time but I am sure he will reply when he gets back.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

William,

Looks like you and Hyazinth have some history here but I see nothing in his post to justify your rather rude reply back.

Manners in this forum have been diminishing a lot lately. That will end as of NOW.

You guys treat each other with respect (and I mean the lot of you, not just you two) or I will start kicking you from the boards.

This is a game, and this forum is setup for the MUTUAL and RESPECTFUL desimination of game info, comments and questions. Anything else, is not acceptable.

Also, Hubert is currently away on some much deserved vacation time but I am sure he will reply when he gets back.

Madmatt

Thank you Madmatt, you are right of course about manners lately, but I would have appreciated it if he had tried to answer my post instead of questioning what I might have meant, the AI not upgrading units is a major issue in the game for me. I will refrain from making any comments in the future of a negative nature, please accept my apologies.

Willy

How does a thread that starts off with the word Dear end up with a warning after four posts? :D

Anyway, things like this happen from time to time, things get misunderstood, sometimes a spillover from an earlier thread. I've been guilty of a psychotic kneejerk myself on occassion. ;)

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Wild William Bowen & Hyazinth von Heinz Ketchup need to be a little bit more professional. You can cut the tension with a knife in this thread.

Good one Rambo, my two sons and my three grand children will enjoy the word "wild", they think I am too easy, this post answer will show them I am meaner than they thought. I usually try to write good posts and I was trully looking for a good answer on the AI upgrades but alas it did not come down that way but I apoligized and meant it so that should be the end of that.

Willy

@ Madmatt: Maybe WB got something wrong... I try to explain that to him.

@ William Bowen: Honestly I don`t know what you are talking about when you say "you do that everytime". I simply didn`t understand what you wanted to say, this is why I was asking, nothing else. And I didn`t say anything anbout the first part of your post, because it is clearly understandable and 100% right.. I don`t need to say anything about it coz everyone here will have the same opinion in that case.. Basically I remember that I replied once to your post that this problem has been adressed.... I don`t know what else I did to you... anyway I do apologize for everything I did. Won`t happen again. Keep in mind people tend to ask questions when they don`t understand your posts... there was no hidden meaning.

@ Good old JJR: is it possible that you do not dare to write me in a normal way coz you know that you cannot compete with a normal board user in intellectual ways? Is there anything else you have to say except "america is the greatest nation in the milky way" and giving lowIQ commments to serious discussions? Before you make fun of my nickname you might have a thought about the question wether your german is better than my english... if you tell me to be more professional I regard that a bad joke..

@H-57 --- Brother, what are you getting all wet & bothered about? There's no argument, we love you...and more importantly, we love to cover our Biggie Fries with the best tomato ketchup in the world! This isn't political, you're reading too much into this, but U.S.A. is #1 in SC/SC-2!!! Of course you speak more languages than me, but since I've got the best, why settle for anything less? If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thanks the U.S. Military.

How's your Brazilian & Argentinian?

-Ambora >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UTOA

(that's signed in pig Latin)

Von Strachwitz I apoligize to you it was uncalled for by me, I probably used the wrong wording when I brought up scorched earth, what I meant to say was instead of the Russians manning the borders and getting wiped out I found a better strategy to back up almost to the Urals to save MPP's and build better forces, I thought of this as scorched earth, my mistake, no exuses for my behavior but I was probably upset with the AI's reluctance to do the same thing and also upgrade units that I find to be of one of the most important aspects of fighting the computer's forces. I took it out on you instead of explaining myself in a more calmer fashion. I am playing Blashey's mod and I noticed his Russian forces are well back initially and he has the AI upgrading the computers forces. I stand corrected please forgive my stupidity.

Willy

@ WB, I had the same question about the 2nd part of the question as HvS. I wanted to make sure it meant keeping troopers back and trading territory for lives. As for the whole question, both parts are being looked at for version 1.03 from what I understand. The 2nd part can be changed by scripting ala Blashy's mod, the 1st part is internal coding that we cannot change.

Another part you will notice is all the Allied troops that hang out in Africa the whole game. For the USA, that means about 1/3 her ground force that goes to Africa and stay in Africa. Many things being looked at for the next update.

@ WB: I didn`t see any signs of stupidity in your post.. :) I know that my posts sometimes seem a bit harsh and unfriendly... I could have done better.

Anyway: thx for the explanation... I did a bit of playtesting myself as well these days, and you are 100% right-- when I play against the Axis AI, I use to fortify Smolensk, then Moscow and finally the area around Stalingrad and sometimes even Sverdlovsk. The Axis never gets through the lines... the supply lines are too long. Even if you just keep the Ural and the Caucasus you get like 300MPP with IT maxed out... that fits to hold the lines, since you can buy back 60% priced units.

Brother Rambo,

My Three Sons really was awful and it ran forevever, something like 1960 - 66? Every episode worse than the one before at a time when there was only three or four stations in most places, so a bomb on one of them took a chunk out of your viewing. Which was good, of course, as it encouraged people to read. ;)

The original Uncle Charlie was William Frawley and he turned into William Demerest without explanation. :D

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

How does a thread that starts off with the word Dear end up with a warning after four posts? :D

Anyway, things like this happen from time to time, things get misunderstood, sometimes a spillover from an earlier thread. I've been guilty of a psychotic kneejerk myself on occassion. ;)

Is nothing sacred anymore how did you get that information from my shrink, thats what he called me last week.

Willy

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

@Wild Bill --- Sorry Grandpa, didn't want to see you get worked over. How's the family?

Folks, Bill's name is really Fred, in My Three Sons, one of the worst TV shows EVER!!!

my3sons9.jpg

Fred was a lot better looking than me when I see that picture you posted and of course he always explained himself a lot better than I do.

Willy

Originally posted by william bowen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

... I've been guilty of a psychotic kneejerk myself on occassion. ;)

Is nothing sacred anymore how did you get that information from my shrink, thats what he called me last week.

Willy </font>

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by william bowen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

... I've been guilty of a psychotic kneejerk myself on occassion. ;)

Willy </font>