Some Various Questions

wade

I have a few questions, about various things i have seen or thought about in the demo.

1.Dont the russians use similar uniforms today then back in WW2?

2.Does the wind affect artillery and tank accuracy?

3.There will be a scenario editor? (i think there is because some of the hot keys)

4.What the hell is that russian LT wearing on his head? (i thinks a knakie, The german tank commander has one too)

5.Will there be any country that speaks english? (US, British anybody?)

6.Is there such thing as a Russian elite?

7.Is there a way to make the damn trees stop swaying? it looks like there alive, and its mind boggling too because the screens always moving.

8.Do the pistols do more damage now then they did in cmbo(seems like it. Damn Russian tank crew!)

9. I never really figured this out from cmbo, Why does morale get decreased when you split troops?

10.well thats all that i can think of right now, Dont have to take them all seriously, you already knew that. Oh one more is soft ground good for hiding in? Thats all.

Originally posted by wade:

I have a few questions, about various things i have seen or thought about in the demo.

Yes, but they were done in a 16 color palette back then.

In real life? You bet.

3.There will be a scenario editor? (i think there is because some of the hot keys)

Go with your gut on this one.

4.What the hell is that russian LT wearing on his head? (i thinks a knakie, The german tank commander has one too)

I think it is more like a kruka then a knakie, but I don't profess to know much about uniforms. The officers seem to be wearing gnaggles though.

5.Will there be any country that speaks english? (US, British anybody?

Yes, but argie is doing the voices for them, so....

I just thought of another good 1. Remember the T1 or was T8 recon car. It actually had a rotating .50 cal, well that you could actually see. Will all the mgs do that on vehicles and tanks in CMBB.

I loved this thing in cmbo too bad it had only 25 shots.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I think it is more like a kruka then a knakie, but I don't profess to know much about uniforms. The officers seem to be wearing gnaggles though.

Waahaa! LOL! Brilliant, Mr. Dorosh, just brilliant. :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Yes, but they were done in a 16 color palette back then.

In real life? You bet.

Go with your gut on this one.

5.Will there be any country that speaks english? (US, British anybody?

Yes, but argie is doing the voices for them, so....

Michael, you're getting fey. You'd better open a window.

;)

Michael

OK, I'll take on a few myself...

Now they tend to use camo fatigues that look a bit like our woodland pattern.

I think you may be referring to a khaki garrison cap, also referred to fondly (!) in US service as a "pisscutter". Then again, I may be reading you wrong here...

5.Will there be any country that speaks english? (US, British anybody?)

I suspect you'll have to go back to CMBO to hear much English spoken on the battlefield. Though perhaps someone will make an English voice mod someday, who knows...

6.Is there such thing as a Russian elite?

Yes, they were called "Guards" and were comprised of units that had performed especially well in prior combats. Expect a lot of veterans and a few green troops with these guys, especially as the war goes on.

7.Is there a way to make the damn trees stop swaying? it looks like there alive, and its mind boggling too because the screens always moving.

Excuse me as I wipe my eyes from laughing...It's not you, it's the idea that BTS went and did this nice graphic goodie for a change (as opposed to groggy detail improvements) and here someone already finds it to be kitsch...oh well, can't please 'em all! BTW, I like it myself, but then that's just me.

9. I never really figured this out from cmbo, Why does morale get decreased when you split troops?

Think of it this way...you're a grunt lost on the battlefield, and suddenly your squad leader takes some guys and goes away, leaving you alone with some sargeant who may or may not have your respect. Small unit integrity is one of the key components of morale on the battlefield. When troops get cut off from their leaders, they tend to get nervous. Amplify that tenfold for soldiers who are new to the battlefield.

10.well thats all that i can think of right now, Dont have to take them all seriously, you already knew that. Oh one more is soft ground good for hiding in? Thats all.

Well, you could hide in soft ground, all right, but you might not be able to move around much after you entered it. For example, here in San Diego a few years ago, the City lost a 30 ton bulldozer in the community landfill when it just...sank out of sight. They never did find it again.

Thanks for letting me try to address some of your questions and I hope this helped a bit.