CMBB banner at Battlefront.com

Over half a century ago Hitler stormed across Europe...

...and then he turned East.

:D

Oh man ! Just gotta love this banner ! Cool screenshots and cool phrase !!! Hopefully you've spread this banner into as many sites as possible, it's so inherently cool that it's BOUND to attract more and more people into this !

Anyone seen this outside of Battlefront.com ?

Originally posted by Moon:

Feel free to use the banner, but please let me know beforehand and also the URL's you put it up at. Also, if you use our banner, please link to www.battlefront.com only. European customers will be rerouted from here.

This afternoon I put it up for testing purposes.

If you would like some changes to be made, please let me know. The site is in German, btw, and the URL is www.ag-combat-group.de.vu

Sargon

[ September 08, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Sargon70 ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Glad you like it guys smile.gif

Looks cool.

But..... when did WWII start ?

Over half a century ago Hitler stormed across Europe...... and then he turned East.

I seem to have the notion from school that is not quite how it happened. tongue.gif

Over two years ago BTS/BFC stormed across the Western Front in the tactical/strategic games scene...... and then they turned East. sounds better. smile.gif

[ September 09, 2002, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

Last time I checked Tero, it started well and truely 'over half a century ago', at least according to our calender. smile.gif

Actually I did try to fit a 30 page history lesson in there with maps, time lines, pictures and an easy to use interface, but couldnt quite make it fit under the 25k limit. smile.gif

Dan

[ September 09, 2002, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Last time I checked Tero, it started well and truely 'over half a century ago', at least according to our calender. smile.gif

Yes.

But if he first stormed across Europe and THEN turned East that would mean Hitler attacked West before Poland and USSR.

Unless of course the Soviet and the US timeframe is observed and the start of the war is timed at 1941 and not 1939. smile.gif

Actually I did try to fit a 30 page history lesson in there with maps, time lines, pictures and an easy to use interface, but couldnt quite make it fit under the 25k limit. smile.gif

Did you try using a smaller font ? The banner is 2 pics and 6 flash pages after all.

It still looks cool though. :D

[ September 09, 2002, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

Besides... Hitler didn't actually storm around too much,

left that stuff to the army. Hitler pretty much stayed home

eating vegetables.

A minor issue really, but in the name of historical

accuracy I just had to point it out.

BTW, I'll drop the banner to my homepage once

I've decided on a new ISP.