3dfx finally responds to my emails

Unfortunately, the guy who responded said he knows not of what I speak. I was mainly pissed about the 2d text becoming corrupted when you esc (or alt-tab) to the desktop then getting back into the game. He said he plays CM, has a V5 5500 AGP (on 2x FSAA) and doesn't see this problem. The main difference between his system and mine (other than the motherboard and CPU) is that he is running Win98 SE whilst I'm running Win95b.

So here's my question. I feel like it's up to us grognards to figure this out. For those of you with the 2d corrupted text problem, which OS are you running? As I said, I'm running Win95b (OSR2.1).

My other specs:

Asus CUSL2

Celery 500

128MB PC100 SDRAM

128MB PC133 SDRAM

SB Live Value

V5 5500 AGP (in 4X FSAA mode) - 1.04 drivers

3Com 10/100 PCI NIC

I run my desktop (and hence CM) with 1024x768x16bit resolution. As I said in a previous note, the only (repeat, ONLY) way I can fix the 2d corrupted text is to run in single chip mode and I simply cannot stand to do that (defeats the purpose of buying a 5500 to begin with, eh). So FSAA is a must for me.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I have the same problem and run Win98SE.

The 1.04 drivers improved the problem

slightly, but it's still unreadable.

Here's the rest:

Gigabyte GA-7ZX

AMD 800

128 PC133 SDRAM

SB Live Value

V5 5000 AGP in 4x FSAA, 1.04 drivers

Intel 10/100 NIC

Still running directX 7.0a

desktop at 1024x768

Hope it can help solve the problem.

Juardis he is full of s**t. I haven't seen one person yet that doesn't have this problem with the V5500!

Here are my specs.

Win 98 with the Downloaded upgrade

350mhz AMDK6-2

288MB PC 100 SDRam

Yamaha Opal soundcard

Direct X 7.a

V5500 3D card running at 1024x768 in 4XFSAA

driver Version 4.12.01.0636

I have tried all the driver versions out for this card and none do anything to curb the problem.

I say we all get together on this and make a petition and send it to them with screenshots.

Mord