Rarity Factor for Troops?

Hello,

I was just wondering if a rarity factor for troops would be included in CMBB? For instance, healthy German troops/veterans would be very rare in late 44'. While Russian partisans will be cheap and plentiful. Also, maybe some way to make Russians less "skilled/expirienced" as Germans. This way a battle with 3 German platoons facing 6 Russian platoons would be fairly even. I know Germans were greatly outnumbered... just wondering if it will be included in CMBB.

I'm pretty sure how the rarity factor works with vehicles but I would love to see it with troops. Playing as the Germans you will have to "think" like a german (43' on), always short on men etc etc. This might also make the game more even.

We all have faced multiple Fallshirmjager platoons and know what its like smile.gif

What do you folks think?

Yep, I thought about a "experience rarity factor", too. For example in 1941 most Panzer crews could be considered veteran, since in the campaigns in Poland, France and the balcans they didn't suffer heavy losses and gained much experience.

But from 1942/43 on the combined effects of heavy losses and shorter crew training caused the overall experience level to drop.

I've read many accounts of officers who complain that in '44 many crews obviously hand't recieved more than basic training and so showed an amazing lack of coordination on company/bataillon level.

Even though the germans were outnumbered, it does not mean that experienced troops were extinct by 1944.

Yes, the battle of attrition with the reds did inflict massive causalties and whole armies were destroyed on both sides......

But, on the eastern front, soldiery was learned at an excelerated rate from the other theaters. Green german soldiers shipped in to bolseter the defense of Minsc in 1944, would gain much experienc if they managed to survive and retreat from the battle.

The russians had far more green squads then the germans, far more squads in general as well too might i add. The Russians suffered the most casualites of the war. Between Zhukov marching his own armies dirctly thru extensive mine fields, on purpous to save the time it would have taken engineers to clear them, and the Germans themselves inflicitng massive casualties upon the red army, it's safe to say that russian squads saw lots of fresh new faces from week to week.

The Red Armies high command had little regard for the lives of their men as long as they susained a surplus of man power.

Stalingrad for example, the red army was taking horrible losses, but they could win a battle of attristion with the 6th army even if they were taking higher losses, the average life span of a Russian soldier in the cauldren was 24 hours.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

What? How will I ever live without fighting againt (or with smile.gif ) Sturms, Gerbils, Hamsters, and Fallschrim all in one battle!<hr></blockquote>

Use the scenario editor and you might even throw in a couple of Pink Panthers

;)