How much random is 'Random' in a QB?

I was wondering about the inner workings of the 'random' selections for Quick Battles' parametres.

Usually one thinks that a 'random' selection should lend casual results, and if the selection is among n choices, each one should have a probability to be selected equal to 1/n.

However, save for a few choices, I think that virtually every ramdom QB selection should be 'weighted' by a host of different factors, once a date and a theater of operation are selected. For example if Luftwaffe Armoured formations are allowed, along with, say, five other German formation types, it would be unrealistic to have them pop up 1/6 of the times, since they were only a very small part of the forces present in the theater. I presume that also choices like terrain and weather should be heavy influenced by the theatre of operations and the month (if the selection is Finland, December I think that sunny, bare hills are to be never seen).

The same should be true for quality and fitness (I presume that getting fit Volkssturm units in 1945 or conscript Mechanized Guards in 1944 should be the exception and not the rule).

I have no such a large experience in QB's to judge whether random selections are just that, random with equal probability, or there's some 'smartness' in the program.

So my question is: are random selections 'weighted' somehow in CMBB?

If this is not the case, it would be nice to have an Excel spreadsheet (or something similar) to act as a 'dice roller' to generate QB parametres with the 'right' random results (I know that this seems a contradiction :D ).

Comments?

Amedeo

At least some of them are weighted. Map type is, for example. You are far more likely to get farmland or rural than large town on a random map.

Weather and temperature is also weighted, but it is screwed up right now, so we'll have to wait for the patch to get a feel for it.

I believe random battles do remain date-specific. You should never see 1941 BT fast tanks against 1945 King Tigers for example. I also think (not sure) the upcoming patch is also going to limit the selection of tabletop-flat terrain for random maps.