The Peng Challenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

uh, don't you two live with each other?

Haven't you heard? This isn't the MBT anymore, it's the Darth Berli Cooking Show.

So, does anyone else think that my Sliced Ear of Yeknod is a little overdone? Too much artillery, perhaps?

[ February 11, 2002, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: PondScum ]

Hiram: "Oh, it hurts."

Croda: "Boy that hurts."

--

Dear Persephone, your efforts have plowed fertile ground and yielded such fruits! I swoon before your skill and power and offer the services of my squire PondScum for a day.

PONDSCUM!!!! Snap to it - do as The Lady bids. (and good work in the trenches, by the way - what's your tally as the French?)

THIS is no improvement! Last thread we had the idiot SSN/Squires to deal with (who DID ask Donkey-A-Thon to stay anyway? I'd bold and spell his name right but I don't feel well enough to look it up and don't really care anyway and am quite sure that the rest of the CessPool will come to it's senses, declare that his Knight is a flaming idiot and send him back to SSN land where he belongs). NOW we have to listen to the interminable chrisl/dalem/Croda/Hiram show.

It's enough to make you spew ... in fact I think I will.

Joe

ÃœberLizard Update!

Forces of Scaliness Central Command (ETO) have today announced the complete and utter topplement once again (boy this is getting to be repetitive) of a large contingent of Fallingguythingies and their associated nonturreted pointy things under the command (if we can call it that) of St. bauhaus. This one really could have been over in 6-8 turns rather than the 48 it actually took had I suspected that bauhaus would use the ‘novel’ defence he decided to mount (steady on there bauhaus). Given a map of approximately 17 km in length, he decided to forego any sort of defence-in-depth nonsense and stage 2 divisions of infantry in three small patches of trees located within 35 m of the edge of his setup zone and que up several dozen AFVs behind 4 large buildings reminiscent of the chop shop down the block from his tenement. Consequently, 30 turns of magnificently executed bounding overwatch were witnessed only by a flock of European starlings (which sounded amazingly similar to North American robins) and a couple of squirrels.

Following the clearance of 95% of the map without loss, the Germans positions were completely identified through the application of several thousand rounds of HE delivered air mail from Division HQ and the subsequent screaming, shouting and running about that we have come to expect from bauhaus. Then, of course it was time for the bbq and we witnessed a first – Germans surrendering to a flamethrower unit rather than the large volley of ball ammunition that typically accompanies a spotting. By the numbers then:

Allies (Goanna): 432 casualties(139 KIA), 8 AFVs lost – 62 pts (not loss)

Axis (bauhaus: 396 casualties(94 KIA), 48 captured, 9 AFV lost – 38 pts (loss)

No parties were mentioned in dispatches, due to the high number of slip trip and fall injuries sustained during the required rapid advance across the undefended terrain.

In other news, Moriarty has agreed to terms in his next lesson and will allow me to complete a scenario that the ultimate wuss Hiram bailed out of prior to his last disappearance (and oh how we long for his next one).

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

THIS is no improvement! Last thread we had the idiot SSN/Squires to deal with (who DID ask Donkey-A-Thon to stay anyway? I'd bold and spell his name right but I don't feel well enough to look it up and don't really care anyway and am quite sure that the rest of the CessPool will come to it's senses, declare that his Knight is a flaming idiot and send him back to SSN land where he belongs). NOW we have to listen to the interminable chrisl/dalem/Croda/Hiram show.

Joe

... air sickness, bummer

Yeknod

[ February 11, 2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Originally posted by Goanna:

ÃœberLizard Update!

In other news...

...Goanna has been completely outflanked by Berli and wouldn't even have known about it if Berli hadn't told the Dumb Lizard.

Lesson for today... If there is a river, it might be a good idea to keep someone watching it as your opponent might have a company of engineers in assault boats

We killed Seanachai. Again. We don't know why he keeps coming back but that part has never been our problem. We also don't know how someone who got all (100%) of his troops murderated got 25 points, but maybe that should teach us to play scenarios by Moriarty.

We also must confess that we are Championship Manager junkies and enjoy setting up friendlies against Scunthorpe and beating them 6-0 by using a rotten team like Southampton. James Beattie never played so good in Real Life.

We are hopelessly lost and so is Ethan.

SlutPeng. Send us a turn or we'll hunt you down and kill both of you. With a loaf of bread.

Johan

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

NOW we have to listen to the interminable chrisl/dalem/Croda/Hiram show.

Joe

Aww, did I help make an old man sick? My week is starting out very well. Check that bucket of throat stew for your spine, O challenge obfuscator. If the nurses think you're up to it, that is.

Originally posted by Geier:

We killed Seanachai. Again. We don't know why he keeps coming back but that part has never been our problem. We also don't know how someone who got all (100%) of his troops murderated got 25 points, but maybe that should teach us to play scenarios by Moriarty.

Makes 'em feel like they accomplished something and keeps 'em coming back for more.

Dear chrisl

Noted with interest occupation as physicist. Is this "physicist" as in "sub-atomic"? I hope so because I've a notion to build a particle accelerator around the paddock. Just wondering what might occur if Shaw is whizzed in one direction and something of equal useless mass in the other. When allowed to to collide, what is likely to be flung off (toupees and surgical socks excluded)?

Idjit Yeknod

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Dear chrisl

Noted with interest occupation as physicist. Is this "physicist" as in "sub-atomic"? I hope so because I've a notion to build a particle accelerator around the paddock. Just wondering what might occur if Shaw is whizzed in one direction and something of equal useless mass in the other. When allowed to to collide, what is likely to be flung off (toupees and surgical socks excluded)?

Idjit Yeknod

Now we see the violence inherent in the system! This is a classic example of the worthless nature of his posts. I suspect that his Knight (have we decided who to blame yet?) mistook the above drivel for wit and, not knowning the difference, took the lad to squire without checking with someone who actually HAD a sense of humor. Hmmmm ... that being said, OGSF perhaps?

Joe

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Dear chrisl

Idjit Yeknod

I believe the most common result is the creation of particles known as babblingcrapitrons. Although relatively massive and slow, none have yet been actually seen due to their inherent property known, colloquially enough, as "drek", which has the effect of putting local observers immediately to sleep. The effects of babblingcrapitrons can be measured however. A stream of babblingcrapitrons can be assumed to have been emitted when

a) all nearby begin to express a desire to "eat dinner before it gets too late" at approximately 3pm.

B) blood begins pouring from the eyes and ears.

c) males are overcome by an irresistable urge to hitch their pants up above their navels, and females scream and run away.

Scientists are now searching feverishly for a particle they call the antibabblingcrapitron....