Infantry Formation

They say usually 2 or 3 to 1 advantage.

I just took a house against Berli by sending 4 1/2 squads at it. Logic being, the 1 squad inside can only shoot at 1 attacking entity. Granted, you will take losses doing this no matter how many men you send at the house.

As for the above tips, I wanted to illustrate examples against a scenario we both knew very well. Did I estimate your dispostion accurately?

------------------

Coming soon, a sig from PeterNZer.

Croda, when you get back the Ceasefire file, you will be kicking yourself. Most of my infantry troops are out of command and down to 1 or two troops per squad. The guy who took out your daimler was my last platoon leader I think. hehe

As for the other flag, you would be able to take that easily. I had three MG's and a Lynx guarding it. Told ya it wasn't a Puma. I moved the Lynx out to chase your SP gun. I knew you were going to kill the Wespe so I left him there while I killed your Sherman. That was like a "Hey look over there" move. hehe It was fun though.

My finale was going to be my FO with some rounds of 105 left. I was hoping you would bunch your infantry in the middle of the map and then I would smack you around. Oh well.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

It's allright. My left had nothing left at all. The squad that eliminated your move on my right flank was in very good condition, though. I would have had that squad and the Sexton to either hold my ground or assault the other flag. I would have stayed and held.

The CF was hard earned. Considering the situation, you probably should have crushed me. I'm not sure if the initial spanking you took was more due to a great ambush, or poor tank tactics. My gut says the latter, unfortunately for both of us.

The beauty is that you and I are about on the same level, and should learn a lot from a rematch. Do you want to play a big map or a small one? I am working out something with JD similar to what Fionn and Claymore are doing. If you're game, we can try something like that. I'm playing a few big maps now, and like it. Tell me what sparks your interest and we'll set it up. I have a feeling we'll both learn a lot in the next game.

------------------

Coming soon, a sig from PeterNZer.

Hiram, as far as I know you can't shoot your own guys (unless you misidentify them in the dark) - bodies don't block LOF.

So the only thing to worry about is how many men do you want to lose at once when the StuG flattens your house smile.gif

You can fit two squads in one small building, but you have to be careful if you're packing, 'cos they have a nasty tendancy to wander into the open for a breath of fresh air.

If you want practice, try First Clash at Cambes as either side - plenty of small-town fighting there.

While this this an infantry related question thread. Here is yet another question that gets me:

I played an scenario this weekend and had crack german infantry. I was approaching a building at night time and it was raining. My guy spotted someone in the house and started shooting. When the AI shot back, my guys ran into some Barbwire. I watched for 60 Seconds!! as my guys went from 9 to 3 guys. They were trying to run through the damn barb wire and would not plot around it. I stopped their forward motion when I got a chance but there were only 3 guys left. Is this normal for the AI to not understand that Barbwire is tough to get through? This is my first time encountering it. I usually just steer clear of it.

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal