From Russia with love...Part II

Dear Katja, with this letter I send you a photo I took while crossing the Volga. My comrades and I will fight 'til the last drop of blood to defend the city from the fascist invaders.

Love, Igor

stalingradStukab.jpg

Just to remind you what's coming up soon...

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]</p>

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

OK, I bite...what exactly did you post? Is this a gray-scale screen snap of CMBB or something you ginned up yourself?

Me already playing CMBB? Man, I would kill for that... :D

It's a screenshot from the (excellent, btw) Stalingrad map for CMBO I downloaded somewhere. The Stookies are from Il2 Sturmovik and the splashes are hand drawn and were copied into the picture using a paint program and my limited artistic abilities...

When trying to design a scenario on that map I remembered the above mentioned Volga crossing scene and felt a little artistic.

Reminds me of that scene in Enemy at the Gates. Where the actual troop barges?

I've been spending the last three weeks playing the Frontovik Russian threatre / mod. It's been a blast playing some real vicious urban battles. Now I'll need to track down that Stalingrad map and check it out. Flamethrowers and Engineers / Pioneers are worth their weight in gold in those scenarios.

Mike T.:

If you're reading this, I haven't dropped you a line lately because I'm too engrossed in Frontovik right now. Hats off to you. Great scenarios. I've been cursing you big time you twisted scenario maker you. I just got kicked by the AI, I was playing the Germans, in East of Kursk. Damn Russian 76mm AT guns. :mad:

Originally posted by bfamily33:

... It's been a blast playing some real vicious urban battles. Now I'll need to track down that Stalingrad map and check it out...

Head over to Combat Mission Scenario Depot and look under "maps".

And yes, I had that scene from "Enemy at the gates" in my mind.

Stookies...VROOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!

:D

[ January 30, 2002, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

Lol! :D

Damned, you got it...

If you look very close at the third large building from the left, the one that's not burning, there is a reflection in one of the windows showing a passionate love scene between a female soldier and a movie star, err, I mean russian sniper...