The Trial of Slapdragon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hitlers underpants:

hey seanachai are u aware in irish ur name means storyteller,quite apt i would say :D

I know I shouldn't...but I can't help it. Actually I believe he hired a troop of monkeys to bang away at typewriters for a while and that is what they came up with. Amazing coincidence, don't you agree? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Wonder if he's gonna get a court appointed defense attorney?

Actually, it does not look like it will be needed. My attorney Noba pointed out that a lynch mob does not an accusor make. We await discovery under Australian law, and lacking any discovery, then charges must be dropped by the crown as unsupported. With the added bonus that the lynch mob would then face the ire of the Pool in toto the next time the decided to come out and shout down the opposition.

[ May 13, 2002, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Slapdragon ]

Posted by Slapdragon:

Actually, it does not look like it will be needed. My attorney Noba pointed out that a lynch mob does not an accusor make. We await discovery under Australian law, and lacking any discovery, then charges must be dropped by the crown as unsupported. With the added bonus that the lynch mob would then face the ire of the Pool in toto the next time the decided to come out and shout down the opposition.

Fair dinkum. If they won't come forth and accuse you, you can't be done over (in "eloquent speek").

Dear Mr. "Underpants":

hey mr spkr ur obviously a yank,can u speak gaelic???,i can,u wouldnt know irish if it came up and bit u on the a$$,is mise hitlers_underpants :mad:
1) It's a safe bet that Seanachai knew what he was calling himself. Mr Spkr is an old grumpyface, pay no attention to him. I didn't know what it meant, thankyou for enlightening me.

2) For someone who lives on this side of the pond, you should avoid using American terminology. "a$$", or "ass" is how the Americans spell "arse". Big difference, it's also pronounced differently, as you will know. We have to keep ourselves as separate from them over there as possible.

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Wonder if he's gonna get a court appointed defense attorney?

Actually, it does not look like it will be needed. My attorney Noba pointed out that a lynch mob does not an accusor make. We await discovery under Australian law, and lacking any discovery, then charges must be dropped by the crown as unsupported. With the added bonus that the lynch mob would then face the ire of the Pool in toto the next time the decided to come out and shout down the opposition.</font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />hey mr spkr ur obviously a yank,can u speak gaelic???,i can,u wouldnt know irish if it came up and bit u on the a$$,is mise hitlers_underpants :mad:

1) It's a safe bet that Seanachai knew what he was calling himself. Mr Spkr is an old grumpyface, pay no attention to him.</font>

Awite, now let's sum this up.

There has been no Grand Jury indictment, no formal charges filed, Slapdragon is not under arrest and is still posting around the community at large, and no court date has been set. Furthermore I ain't seen no wanted posters anywhere's save for the initial allegations alleged by Seanachai.

Very mysterious.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Why, MrSpkr! I didn't know you knew 1337 talk! (I spelled it different, but I'm from the wrong side of the tracks, so waddaya want?)

This is my Boo_Radley. I pissed it off so it would growl and show it's teeth.

Its just like the Boo_Radley Croda owned, but smellier.

hey mr spkr ur obviously a yank,can u speak gaelic???,i can,u wouldnt know irish if it came up and bit u on the a$$,is mise hitlers_underpants :mad:

You are obvisously Irish. Only an original Irish turns red when someone else utters an opinion that must be suspected to be contrary or a side blow tongue.gif

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Why, MrSpkr! I didn't know you knew 1337 talk! (I spelled it different, but I'm from the wrong side of the tracks, so waddaya want?)

This is my Boo_Radley. I pissed it off so it would growl and show it's teeth.

Its just like the Boo_Radley Croda owned, but smellier.</font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

2) For someone who lives on this side of the pond, you should avoid using American terminology. "a$$", or "ass" is how the Americans spell "arse". Big difference, it's also pronounced differently, as you will know. We have to keep ourselves as separate from them over there as possible.[/QB]

But, if what you say is true, then how would they refer to the donkeylike animal, big ears, reputation for stubborness etc?

I think that you are trying to make a joke, yes?

I am not an expert in these matters but there would seem to be a clear difference between an anus and a hairy quadraped with a liking for carrots.

While we are chewing over weighty legal issues: will Slapdragon be accorded prisoner of war status from the start, or will his status be decided after a lengthy interrogation?

Originally posted by Determinant:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

2) For someone who lives on this side of the pond, you should avoid using American terminology. "a$$", or "ass" is how the Americans spell "arse". Big difference, it's also pronounced differently, as you will know. We have to keep ourselves as separate from them over there as possible.

But, if what you say is true, then how would they refer to the donkeylike animal, big ears, reputation for stubborness etc?

I think that you are trying to make a joke, yes?

I am not an expert in these matters but there would seem to be a clear difference between an anus and a hairy quadraped with a liking for carrots.

</font>

Originally posted by THumpre:

Ooh, ooh, can I be one of the mob that is holding a burning torch and a pitchfork, shouting "Kill the monster!" ?

Actually this has turned out more like, as I said earlier, a Salem witch trial than anything else, and I am Giles Corey of the drama. So the proper end would be if I told the court to take a leap and was pressed to death by the crowd.

[ May 15, 2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Slapdragon ]

hey seanachai are u aware in irish ur name means storyteller,quite apt i would say :D

Actually, lad, it isn't my name. It's my title, do ya' see. But it's what I go by. Sometimes the lines between the two blur, of course. I know they have for me.

Now, as I imagine yer a good Irish lad, who has the Gaelic, and all, I think you shouldn't take such quick offense at a bit of a jest.

The folk here, you see, well, they're a bit of a community. Give a bit of a smile, and a well thought out answer, and don't take quick offense.

Your bad luck was coming in and speaking on an 'angry energy' thread. There's things, as you could say, that aren't immediately apparent.

[ May 15, 2002, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Ahem...

We stand with goofy grins pasted to our vapid mugs,

Whilst in our outstretched hand,

We hold our verbal cudgels.

And yet if you were to descry

The hand held behind our backs,

You would happ'ly find...

Yet another verbal cudgel.

(Funny how that works out.)

Originally posted by THumpre:

Ooh, ooh, can I be one of the mob that is holding a burning torch and a pitchfork, shouting "Kill the monster!" ?

I'll second this. I do believe a cast of thousands is required.

And besides, I rather like the thought of Slappy trapped and lurching about the tower.