Visit Germany ;-)

Jesus, this exhibition day will help me while I'm waiting for the CMBB release date!!! At least something to enjoy! And I hope I'll see some of these "Rheingau" CM folks ;).

[ August 15, 2002, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

Originally posted by pakfan:

Jesus, this exhibition day will help me while I'm waiting for the CMBB release date!!! At least something to enjoy! And I hope I'll see some of these "Rheingau" CM folks ;).

What? Where? Who has named the home region of the braves? Where do you have this info from?

Who is your intel officer? Or has Lindan talked??

Grrrr...... ;)

No problem, would be happy to meet you all. Please tell me where and when. Currently we are 4 guys. We will probably get there by train. (Only the return sucks. Last train departs 2320, first on next morning 0600. But some beer may help ;) )

Originally posted by tools4fools:

Holy sh*t. Not again...

It's going to be further and further up north (Maybe next year we will meet in Finland...).

They better keep the "vollfunktionsfähige 100mm Marinegeschützturm" (fully functional 100mm Navy gun turret) away from us, that nobody pulls the trigger after to many beers...but on the other hand we would have the unique opportunity to do some beta testing for CMUB and check the ROF of that baby... :D

See you soon

Marcus

Well, I personally wouldn't mind if the parade would be held up here in Finland one day. smile.gif

But if you're into BIG guns there are two 2 x 305mm coastal cannons built into two of the islands (Kuivasaari, Mäkiluoto) surrounding Helsinki. At least Kuivasaari is fully functional. First fired in 1935, put out of action in the 70's and then restored to it's former glory in the 90's. They fired it with blanks a few weeks back but gonna go live on December 6th (for our 85th year of independence).

The gun is huge. Just the barrel of the gun weighs over 60 tonnes and the ammo half a tonne a piece. A guy they interviewed said the momentary (for four hundreths of a second) need for power to get the "ammo" moving amounts to 4 Gigawatts!

Well OK, not everyone may be that impressed (but I was) and yeah, it's outdated by modern weaponry but still if anyone is interested...

http://www.rt-kilta.net/english.html

Jäger27

kuivasaari.jpg

*Picture property of SA-kuva

Originally posted by LightningWar:

Modern and Historical tanks in action?

Does that mean the Panther is going to fire its gun? I may have to make a trip from the states smile.gif

-LW

LightningWar,

they don't shoot their guns.

Hey, the museum is in the middle of an urban area. Just imagine the collateral damage :D

They only drive around with their tanks. At the last event they used the Stug III, a Panther, a M5A1 Stuart, a Kettenkrad, a post-WW2 Russian tank and some modern western tanks.

Marcus

[ August 15, 2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: mike8g ]

Originally posted by Ozzy:

Bereitstellungsraum (assembly area) Königsbacher Brewery Ausschank?

Not directly.

I'm currently planning a program for the whole day. We will meet definitely some hours before (around midday), proceed to a nice Biergarten in Lahnstein and then advance toward the museum.

I'll post the info here when all plans are finished.

Marcus

Originally posted by Jaeger27:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tools4fools:

Holy sh*t. Not again...

It's going to be further and further up north (Maybe next year we will meet in Finland...).

They better keep the "vollfunktionsfähige 100mm Marinegeschützturm" (fully functional 100mm Navy gun turret) away from us, that nobody pulls the trigger after to many beers...but on the other hand we would have the unique opportunity to do some beta testing for CMUB and check the ROF of that baby... :D

See you soon

Marcus

Well, I personally wouldn't mind if the parade would be held up here in Finland one day. smile.gif

But if you're into BIG guns there are two 2 x 305mm coastal cannons built into two of the islands (Kuivasaari, Mäkiluoto) surrounding Helsinki. At least Kuivasaari is fully functional. First fired in 1935, put out of action in the 70's and then restored to it's former glory in the 90's. They fired it with blanks a few weeks back but gonna go live on December 6th (for our 85th year of independence).

The gun is huge. Just the barrel of the gun weighs over 60 tonnes and the ammo half a tonne a piece. A guy they interviewed said the momentary (for four hundreths of a second) need for power to get the "ammo" moving amounts to 4 Gigawatts!

Well OK, not everyone may be that impressed (but I was) and yeah, it's outdated by modern weaponry but still if anyone is interested...

http://www.rt-kilta.net/english.html

Jäger27

kuivasaari.jpg

*Picture property of SA-kuva</font>

Originally posted by mike8g:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ozzy:

Bereitstellungsraum (assembly area) Königsbacher Brewery Ausschank?

Not directly.

I'm currently planning a program for the whole day. We will meet definitely some hours before (around midday), proceed to a nice Biergarten in Lahnstein and then advance toward the museum.

I'll post the info here when all plans are finished.

Marcus</font>

Schmittenhöhe? I heard it was something like a big rest&recreation area. Like Hammelburg or Camp Lechfeld.

Meet interesting people and do interesting stuff.

Like digging positions. And marching. And digging positions. Sometimes they would let you even dig positions. Or make you march. Wow!

BBQs on campfires, unwashed men singing merry songs...

Those where the days!

:D

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Schmittenhöhe? I heard it was something like a big rest&recreation area. Like Hammelburg or Camp Lechfeld.

Meet interesting people and do interesting stuff.

Like digging positions. And marching. And digging positions. Sometimes they would let you even dig positions. Or make you march. Wow!

BBQs on campfires, unwashed men singing merry songs...

Those where the days!

:D

AFAIK it is world's largest open air foxhole museum?! tongue.gif