• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the problem is with the MOD. I have listened to every single sound resource and they all sound fine and are in the right format.

I think that the problem is with CM because the sounds work perfectly for a little while before they get screwed up. They wouldn't work at all if there was something wrong with the MOD.

yeah, they work good for about 5 seconds or so, then the noise and feeback grow in intensity until being a bit distracting.

I'll have a chance tomorrow to look through the sounds as well, and see if I can see anything odd. Not likely, but another set of eyeballs helps sometimes.

Did you get the noise from the original conversion (ie, before the VISE application)? Could the sounds be mapped wrong for the game?

Oh, just FYI:

Mac G3 (beige 233), OS 9.0.

thanks

d

ave

Perhaps the sounds are too loud, and when combined, the total output volume caused distortion?

Or myabe the wav format is ever so slightly different. Since I use wavelab which a few other audio programs have trouble with. But If I load the wavs into SOund Forge and resave them, they get fixed. Weird.

------------------

Check out my CM mods, Music and artwork :)

www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Okay, I finally figured out the problem rolleyes.gif. I THOUGHT that ResEdit was converting the Wavs to System Sounds because when I copied a sound into ResEdit I got a little QuickTime Dialogue that said it was "Converting Audio". I don't know what this was but it certainly wasn't converting the Wavs to System Sounds.

Anyways, I could write a book about how I came onto this obvious problem but what matters is I have gotten both textures and sound effects to work now. I'm not going to bother redoing the Gold Demo Audio MOD because nobody needs it anymore (except me frown.gif).

I would convert the MDMP-1 except I don't have the game yet mad.gif and I am leaving for Europe for three weeks tomorrow and by the time I come back I'm sure someone will have converted it already.

I am hella pissed, I will have my laptop in Europe but I'm sure my copy of CM got shipped out today (Monday) and will arrive the day after I leave. What a rip off... oh well... I guess it will just be even more fun when I get back smile.gif.

Also, I am using Constructor 2.4.5 by Metrowerks now which is a lot better (and newer) than ResEdit..

[This message has been edited by MuaHaHaHa (edited 06-19-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Yes, an update would be nice on what Mods are being converted. Other than an initial offer from Berch. I havent heard much about the Mad-Dog Mac conversion. If anyone is planning on doing this please contact me via email (or hop on the Chat server later tonight) and I can provide you the files directly.

I want the Mac community to enjoy the MDMP packs as well but we need to get a little more organized in this.

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I didnt read the WHOLE thread but, there is a nifty program called HACKIT which does the Rescompare thang real quick like.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just searched at Versiontracker and didn't find "Hackit"... any idea where I can get a copy?

hi everyone!

well, since my full version of CM hasnt come yet, I decided to play with converting the demo sounds and graphics, using some of the ones from the mad matt package, as well as the CCJ one for the GD.

with G4A's help, I finally figured out the sound noise issue. As one might expect, it was a memory thing. Allocated more memory (from 35M to 50M, and the noise and feedback went away). Used soundApp to convert the .wav to system sounds, then use his Applescript to convert the resource info to the correct numbers, then did the tedious cut and paste using resedit/constructor (used both). Tried with less memory and had noise, increased the memory to the game and it went away. finally!

I plan on working on the mods once I get the full version, but will not be able to work at all on them during the July 4th week. With luck I can get some of them done before then. If not, someone else may beat me to it.

Also, some advice on how to distribute the mod is appreciated - the data files are a bit large. Was thinking of trying VISE, or some other program, but advice would be nice (or I can send the files to some kind soul that would create the installation program for download).

thanks

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

Seems like several people are working on this at once (Berlie, aikidorat, G4A ?, Colin ?). It'd be more efficient if you all combined forces and shared the work. I'm sure MadMatt and CoolColJ would be willing to work with a team. Just a suggestion...

yeah, I've talked to MadMatt about teaming up.

if we all do part of the data mod it should go very quickly.

once we get the full version of the game that is!

thanks

d

ave

------------------

Guest Madmatt

Yes, I guess now would be a good time to annouce this. Coming soon will be the first public release of MDMP-Mac!!!

Soon you will enjoy all the fabulous enhanced graphics and textures in your Mac versions of Combat Missions. The conversion of the MDMP-1 Graphic pack is just about wrapped up with a planned distribution being scheduled for next week. The sounds will take a little more time to do properly but will follow on.

We are also looking for at least one more Mac person to lend a hand in this conversion process. Idealy this person would have a fast connection to the net, the knowledge of conversion utilites and Mac file structure, the full game (no doh!), and experience in sound files and recording techinques on Macs. This person would also need to be utilized as a Mac tester for the other components of the MDMP-Mac's that are planned.

This is a JOB though! Long hours, hard work and dealing with my inflated ego are the GOOD parts! There is NO money to be made and it's doubtful you will ever get the attention deserved but you WILL get the chance to work with a devoted team of very talented people that want Combat Mission to reach even higher levels of graphic and audio splendor. You will also get a chance to see and hear stuff that, to now, has been the sole stompping grounds of Steve, Charles and the BetaTesters. Send me an email if you are interested and can commit the time and knowledge to help out for the longterm!

Thanks and Mac On! Or whatever the hell it is you Mac weirdos say! wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-28-2000).]

Matt (may I call you Matt)

On behalf of all the Mac weridos out there, we say thank you (fall to ground knock forhead to ground)

==========================

Now in the spirit of this forum.............

•Is it done yet?

•I WANT it NOW

•Could you check on the status of my DL'd

•Îs it done yeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 06-28-2000).]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I was just wondering where I can get the latests Mac Mods and do they work well with System 9.04 on the Newly released v1.03 patch?

Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

mods are posted on MadMatt's CM page (just check any of his posts for the link, as I'm too lazy to put it here. :) ) Look for the MDMP-1 page.

I havent tried them with the new 1.03 patch, but there shouldnt be any issues.

Watch for some more mods coming out soon. We're currently testing the grids (snow and original CM grass only for now. Depends on demand if the others get converted over), and will be doing some of the thrid party snow cammo stuff in the somewhat near future.

I'm just waiting for some consolidation in textures and submittals before I convert anything. There's a boat load of stuff there and it's very time consuming to convert and play test.

and dont fear, MDMP-2 will be coming to a mac near you. Hopefully at the same time as it does for the PC.

though dont ask me about when or what, otherwise Madmatt will hunt me down like the rat that I am. :)

dave rat

------------------