OOB dependent on AI or human control?

Question for the CMBO vets.

I've been playing CMBO for about two months and I have noticed that in several scenarios the computer will get an enhanced OOB that is not available when the human plays the same side.

(i.e. if the comp plays as the German it will get one Panzer IV, one Panther, and one Tiger, but when I play that side I get three Panzer IVs).

Is this 'balancing' feature of CMBO for the TacAI in all scenarios? Does this enhanced OOB happen when you play head-to-head against a human opponent?

just curious...

Thanks,

Patrick

p.s. what is up with "G.I. Combat" by the blokes from the close combat series? IMHO, the AI in the CC series was very weak and that is not a good thing in a real-time game! [end of rant]

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Do you have playbalance set at +25% for the AI or something?

I have designed a scenario or three, and there is no way the AI gets extra units save that playbalance setting.

WWB

Thanks for the replies.

I observed this phenomenon (sp.) in a battle from The Scenario Depot (night battle with american paras and two 57mm AT guns defending a crossroads). When i played as the American paratroopers the german forces had 1 Panzer IV, 1 Tiger, and 1 Panther. When i played the same scenario from the German side I was provided with 3 Panzer IVs. I will find out the exact scenario and report back.

....come to think of it, could it be possible that the full fog of war allows misidentification even at close range of ~50m because of the night conditions?

I don't have the CMBO manual with me but I thought it stated that if the playbalance is increased it will only provide an increase in numbers of forces already present in the scenario.

Looks like I have a bit of CMBO homework! ha ha

Patrick

Originally posted by Patrick Moore:

I think this is exactly what you're seeing. At the end of the battle, look at the map and see what the tanks really are. Also, open the battle in the editor to see if there are any German reinfocements that only have a percentage of showing up.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pak40:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Patrick Moore:

I think this is exactly what you're seeing. At the end of the battle, look at the map and see what the tanks really are. Also, open the battle in the editor to see if there are any German reinfocements that only have a percentage of showing up.</font>
Pak40,

The battle regarding this post is "La Fantay." I tried your suggestion after the battle and the tanks are German Panzer IVs.

Very nice touch IMHO!