Doubleblind scenarios

Hi gang,

since Ben_CG talked me into my first doubleblind scenario PBEM, instead of my usual QB´s , I´m hooked. As Ben_CG said :

>double-blind just means that neither of us have >seen or played the scenario before smile.gif obviously >a gentleman's agreement is required as most >scenarios are freely available on the net, but >then we obviously are both gentleman ;)

But there is one question : is there some nice person somewhere, who will pick a scenario from Der Kessel or any other good CM scenario site, and mail it to my numerous adversaries and me ?

So that I can mail just our emailadresses to him and he sends a scenario back, which he picked ?

:rolleyes:

Scheer,

I'd be happy to zap over a scenario ... but I think you may be making too much of the phrase 'double-blind'.

I play, almost exclusively, double-blind scenarios, but I read the info provided by the desigers and other reviewers. I'd like to know when and where the scenario occurs. I consider this sort of 'web viewing' as alright (some may disagree, I don't know).

Where I draw the line is opening up the scenario in the game, getting OOB info or other 'spoiler' info before playing it.

I'm constantly researching scenarios I'd like to play double-blind. I don't consider this research to spoil the scenario for play. Then again, I generally trust my opponents and really only play on BoB where one's word is enough.

Hi Scheer,

My reading of double-blind is exactly as Greenman said above, it's okay to read the description on the site but not ok to have played it or opened it up in the editor.

As well as slightly altering an existing scenarios oob another nice alternative to the ubiquitous QB is to have a third party place your forces on an existing map.

An even better idea (if you have the time and inclination) is to have a nice guy like Olle Petersson moderate a Triple Battle for you.

ben.

Oh great!!! This means I am a gamey bastiche after all!!! You mean I shouldn't really look at the map to be called a DoubleBlind player :(

Anyone who has ever lost to me in a doubleblind scenario, I do hereby declare that forthwith in the histories of time you shall now be declared the victor. Stand in line boys for your credit coupons smile.gif

I like playing scenarios. I like to play scenarios in what I thought was double blind mode. Neither I nor my opponent have played the scenario; that fits my definition of double blind. HOWEVER...I have never had any qualms with either one of us reading a briefing and giving the map a cursory examination. I always open the scenario to see what the map looks like. I choose scenarios as much by how they look as by the briefing and such. When Tom's Ardennes mod came out I immediately rushed to the Depot and looked at scenarios that looked good with it. As a gentleman I cannot in good conscience study the map or examine the OOB's and the like as that would be crossing the line out of the blind zone just a little to much. But jeepers I sure do like seeing if it is a nice looking map or not.

I guess this is one more little item to put in the contract before you play me :D

--Randl

After playing Quick Battles to death i learned to love blind scenarios, i have yet to play a scenario twice and get the same buzz second time around even though it is a great scenario. The first time is always the best as the saying goes ;)

I get the most fun when its blind for both players - "Double Blind" usually means playing it twice at the same time, once as each side with the same opponent when you are both playing for the first time.

However, some players feel that knowing the start positions can spoil the initial surprise when enemy contact is made (In double blind scenarios)

The best double blind scenarios come about when starting positions and setup zones are very flexible, or when multiple objectives and avenues of attack/defend are possible. That way, even if the start areas are known the battle can play out in a different way each time.

Speaking of which i am designing one such scenario right now, the playtesting is almost finished - e-mail me if you want an advance copy before it gets posted at the scenario depot.

CDIC