Now we know when, why not ask why?

Now that we have the release date of the 20th September I was thinking that surely there must be some significance in that date in terms of the war in the East. So I've looked up my history books on the subject (such as they are) and I can't for the life of me see what is so significant about the 20th of September. From memory, CMBO was released on a pretty significant date in terms of the western Front (was it June 6?) so surely BFC wont break the habit now.

Anybody care to speculate whether the 20th has any particular significance with respect to the Eastern Front?

Regards

Jim R.

Guest SnarkerII

I don't think there's any significance, other than it will be ready then.

If BFC waited for the next anniversary of Barbarossa to release CM:BB (a la CM:BO and 6/6) no one would be happy, would we?

:D

20th september, 1944:

Finnish War marshal Mannerheim makes a decision to start the Lappland War (against the germans, who still had troops in northern Finland).

Using some twisted logic this might be counted as the end of Eastern Front operations for Finland (at least this - unlike the Continuation War - goes outside the scope of the forthcoming CMBB...).

What? Not good enough? ;)

Miikka

I think it's also true that Sept. 20 is the last day of summer. Since they missed the promised shipping date of "late spring" this allows them to keep the one of "late summer" while still giving them the maximum amount of time to tie up all the loose ends.

JMO. [shrug]

Michael