Just wondering...

and another thing, how many guns does a 14" FO control? Is it the whole ship(I'm thinking the 14inchers are coming from battleships) (9 guns I think) or just a single turret of it(3 I think,)?

I was also wondering what exactly were the capital ships used to bombard normandy? I only rememeber the Arkansas wich has 12" guns on 6 2-gun turrets, but I'll still check my references later.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Be warned, 14 inch arty will NOT destroy concrete pillboxe <hr></blockquote>

not if you got 5 FO's with full ammo firing at it :D made a test map once, the pillboxes either catch fire or get abandoned after 2mins bombardment from 1-2 FO's, KT's and panthers abandon, while Stugs,Stuh's and markIV's get KO'ed or abandoned, and the rest of the thin skinned vehicles get KOed or get brewed up.Infantry and field guns?dont ask :D

Good Day guys smile.gif

Going on very hazy memory here, but I remember there were 6 battlewagons (3 US / 3 UK) used during the Normandy campaign, as well as numerous heavy cruisers, destroyers and monitors. I know Texas and Arkansas were there, as were Warspite and Nelson.

BTW, I have a two scenarios in my HD called 'Courseuless-sur-Mer' and 'Lion-sur-Mer' which feature 14" arty. Drop me a line if you want them.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by l3w53r:

and another thing, how many guns does a 14" FO control? Is it the whole ship(I'm thinking the 14inchers are coming from battleships) (9 guns I think) or just a single turret of it(3 I think,)?

not if you got 5 FO's with full ammo firing at it :D made a test map once, the pillboxes either catch fire or get abandoned after 2mins bombardment from 1-2 FO's, KT's and panthers abandon, while Stugs,Stuh's and markIV's get KO'ed or abandoned, and the rest of the thin skinned vehicles get KOed or get brewed up.Infantry and field guns?dont ask :D <hr></blockquote>

I think that in CM a FO represents a battery of guns, which in CM is 4. I read that in the manual somewhere. That explains why they (the 14 inch shells) come down in semi-groups of four.

What version of CM do you have? I ran a test with mine (vers. 1.12) with 10 14 inch FO's and nothing happend except for several guys inside getting killed. Are you sure you weren't using wooden bunkers?

Regards,

Ryan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by l3w53r:

Can I Download it separate from the mod pack? I'm on 56K, and the mods are 9.8megs. hehe smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Sure, just drop me a line via e-mail. e-mail iis in the profile.

P.S. The mod pack is really good, so it might be worth the download. I have a 56K too, and I think it was worth it 100%