CMBB PBEM Question

During the sneak previews, one aspect of CMBB I did not check out was the PBEM program. I was wondering:

(1) Is PBEM exactly like CMBO, or is there a built in emailer a la CM One Click*?

(2) If there is no CM One Click* style PBEM protocol, is anyone developing such a program for CMBB?

Thanks,

Steve

* CM One Click is a nifty little program that stores your opponent's email address, your password and keeps track of whose turn it is to send a file. When you use the program, you just open up the files in which it is your turn, and One Click opens CMBO, selects multiplayer, selects the appropriate PBEM game, and enters the correct password for you.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

During the sneak previews, one aspect of CMBB I did not check out was the PBEM program. I was wondering:

(1) Is PBEM exactly like CMBO, or is there a built in emailer a la CM One Click*?

(2) If there is no CM One Click* style PBEM protocol, is anyone developing such a program for CMBB?

Thanks,

Steve

* CM One Click is a nifty little program that stores your opponent's email address, your password and keeps track of whose turn it is to send a file. When you use the program, you just open up the files in which it is your turn, and One Click opens CMBO, selects multiplayer, selects the appropriate PBEM game, and enters the correct password for you.

Of course this magical gizmo sounds like somthing that is only available on a PC? :mad:

No?

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Of course this magical gizmo sounds like somthing that is only available on a PC? :mad:

No?

-tom w

tom-

It's not really sporting to be proud to be different on the one hand and then lament your limited options on the other, is it now? smile.gif

Seriously, if someone could do it for PCs, how hard could it be for Macfolk to whip something up?

-dale

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

I really wish they would get rid of the "extra step" in PBEM, but IIRC it isn't going to happen with this engine. Too much code

last i heard was not to expect it, and IIRC, they have not mentioned any changes to the PBEM system. doodads are a fair trade off though.

chad

I think it would be more than nice from BFC to bundle the OneClick (or similar software) to the CMBB distribution - both PC and Mac versions would be nice smile.gif

Ok, I understand also, that writing a software takes some time and licensing one costs money. But still I think it would be very nice from them. They are nice people, aren't they? :D

/kuma