Purchase Points For 1.01 Patch

I was considering what the best scenario would be for purchase points. It dawned on me that instead of having preset amounts 100 then 200 up to 5000, just allow people to type in the amount. So for example if someone wants to play a QB with 8,500 points they just type in 8500. The same thing for the amount of turns.

This would allow complete flexibility in the QB portion of the game.

I would like to here opinions on this suggestion and in particular from BTS.

Cordially,

Voxman

I never understood why games companies put unit restrictions in "for performance reasons". Why not just set the recommended limit, and then allow people to go above it, and when they do display a warning that explains that the company will not guarentee any performance or compatability with games of this size. (although its obviously possible for the game to handle it as the attacking army in a 5000 pt battle has 7500 to spend?)

[ October 13, 2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: prime^ ]

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Something that has worked for me playing solitaire (but wouldn't for everybody) is to ask for lots of points but not use them all. This permits me to set up exactly the kind of force on each side I want for a hypothetical battle.

Michael

I like hypothetical battles too. The only problem with this idea that I can see is that you usually get a map that is too large.

Say you only want 3500 points on the map for each side, you get stuck with a map for a 5000 point game! 2500 points? -Then you get a map for a 3000 point game. Either case the map is WAY too wide, IMHO.

Less map width and more map depth for all maps would be nice.