Five new Rune scenarios at B&T

Hey all,

I told you we'd be busy this week.

Here are five new scenarios from the evil one himself:

B&T-Alpine Breakout (Huge, 45+ turns)

B&T-Fall Blau (Medium, 45+ turns)

B&T-Hedgehog Hell (Huge, 35+ turns)

B&T-Odessa Reprieve (Medium, 35+ turns)

B&T-Punch-Counterpunch (Large, 45+ turns)

Clicking on each link will take you to the webpage for each scenario. If you don't want to wait, you can download all five of them here.

We hope you enjoy them!

Scott

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the two huge ones are historical, and feature infantry in action.

My favorite is Fall Blau, the map took forever to build and get it right. Although no factories or sewers [the mountains didn't have them smile.gif ] I think the map turned out rather well. It can be used for a great quick battle. I do recommend playing it against a human opponent.

My thanks to Lindan, WWB, Harv, JWXSpoon, Kingfish, Scott_B, Warphead, Lorak, and anyone i might have missed for testing them. Without you testers....things would be a lot different and harder. You have my thanks always.

Treeburst...I think I may have melted poor Kingfish's processor with one of them. That's a sign of a really big scenario.

Someone asked if i do smaller battles, yep, got a few done...but they are to be used in tourneys, and will not be released until the tourneys are over.

Rune

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Wow! He gave us a couple HUGE scenarios. I like HUGE scenarios. Thanks!!

Treeburst155 out.

I hate them, personally and never play them (takes waayyyy too long to plot orders). I do like Rune's work, however. Are there any smaller ones coming down the pipe for those of us with ADD?

Just played Punch-Counterpunch against a player...and walked away with a draw as the Russians. If you can handle a large battle, this one is good, but it does develop a little slowly [it was intended to].

Hope all are enjoying these battles...

Rune

I'm testing Rune's Warsaw uprising scenario, and I have to admit that the map caught me by surprise when I first saw it. There are factories as well as large two story buildings which I presume are equipped with sewers.

Therefore, it would appear that Rune has broken with the Boots and Tracks tradition of making crappy, child-like maps, and instead has now adopted the Voxman way of map making. tongue.gif

Remember however, that this was done before the game was even released, so i was not influenced by the Voxman Factor. However, I did have a map, and did one of the small areas that was created by itself.

Yes, there are sewers, and I used factories for some of the odd shaped buildings and to change some of the LOS.

Rune