Who Else Has Been Beaten Bad On Cemetery Hill?

Yes Mr. Smallwood, I'm afraid I never venture into the Scenario forum (who does?) but I did manage to read a few posts on the scenario...which made me want to play it. smile.gif

At turn 18, I'm almost wiped out. I started out by putting my mg's and IG on the left. Took out a building and then attracted too much attention. Moved the IG with the halftrack over to the right where I was going to roll up the flank.

Didn't realize that the scattered trees were turning into brush (they look too similar) and got some infantry and my mortars waxed. I then moved up my 222's only to get them taken out by that gun in the woods which I still don't know the caliber of.

At that point, I was toast. The Soviets even went on the attack and started rushing up men to try to eliminate my entire force and have managed to take out some squads which are whimpering from all the bullets whizzing by. These are vets too!

I just have one question...where is this smoke? I know the IG has a few rounds but you can't advance using that, can you? Did the 50mm mortars have any? They died so soon I didn't have the chance to look.

[ November 23, 2002, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

After looking over the scenario in the editor, I hereby acknowledge that my victory was indeed tainted by the fact that, inexplicably, I didn't have it on default setup. Although the setup I did face wasn't that much different. His infantry was deployed similarly, except there was a squad deployed on his far right, directly in the path of my advance. However, I didn't have to face that bunker situated in the corner of the church, and only one ATG ever had LOS to any of my units. This certainly made a difference.

I'm with jgdpnzr on this one.

Played it and took it apart with similar tactics....firebase on the edge of the woods and a right hook....

It seems that to have successful assaults in CMBB you really have to build up suitable suppressive force before launching attcks from pretty close in.....find cover and use it to attack from.........blah blah blah, this has been said before I know!

So come on jgdpnzr, I challenge you to a duel! ;)

uhhh, I pulled the ol' Kirk and the Kobayashi

Maru, thingy and suddenly the Germans

had 8 elite stukas, 2 elite sturmtigers, and

6 target ref points, and 6 elite 240mm arty

spotters with full loads....

Didn't even have to move and I won though

the 8 elite stukas took out my 2 elite sturmtigers

with elite precision.

Conan

Originally posted by jiggles:

Yeah, maybe I'm missing something but you only have five rounds of smoke between your entire force???

:eek: Holy out in the open getting shot at, Batman!

Reason is that with smoke it would be a walkover for the Germans. That came out in testing.