Question about fires

I saw that small fires, on a certain tile, grow large by suddenly becomming big, without a "natural grow", i was wondering if the fires in the full version spread and grow more like the molotov cocktails.

Meaning a fire grows like a molotov and smoke is added, it stays that way for a couple of turns until it grows again into a full scale inferno smile.gif

If not, well, no matter smile.gif just wondering smile.gif

Regards,

Gryphon

If I were to guess the likelihood that growing fires have more states, I'd guess REALLY low. Unless I've misunderstood, its purpose is to represent two states: on fire but not yet harmful and on fire BAD!

You as the commander get to decide if the risk of charging through that small fire is worth the possibility of ending up in an inferno.

Regarding fire: it'd be cool if fire spread uphill faster than downhill. Pesky rising heat ;)

I understand the two states thing smile.gif but i was talking about the thing between the 2 animation changes, just before one changes into another smile.gif Would be cool if it grew form one anim to another, so it's not suddenly replaced by a larger animation. Molotovs do the same thing. (i'm talking about visuals only, no effects)

Regards,

Gryphon

What you see in the Demo is pretty much what you're going to be getting in the full game. I believe (I may be wrong) the demo was constructed around the time of the second-to-last Beta build before Gold so if it isn't 100% representative of the game it's 99% representative of the game.

• 1 month later...

Along these lines of spreading fires, I just had a fire created underneath a tank. I didn't notice it right away (at least one turn) and immediately gave it orders to move...65sec pause...It came out ok. Now, it seems strange that a tank can sit on a fire for over 2 mins without it becoming fired/fried too. This was not the itty bitty fire with a trail of smoke, but 2nd stage. It covered 3/5 of the tank. The fire was created either by a tank round or the tank next to it which was knocked out and on fire and most definitely not by an FT. Was the tank lucky? or does CM not do fire damage under these conditions?