The Newbie Tournaments II

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Okay, now I must try this one out even though my favorit scenarios are small to medium with no more than 40 units to give orders too.

Where can I download Blood and Steel?

I didn't see it on the Depot's lists.<hr></blockquote>

VJ,

It is on my hard drive. ;)

If you (or anybody else) would like to give it a try, I would be happy to send it. You should know that is technically still a beta/untested scenario. So, I am hoping to receive feedback from players.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SuperTed,

Please tell me you're not getting people in the Newbie Tournament hooked on some massive scenario. :eek: Let's keep our focus here.

But, if you are luring newbies into monster scenarios where they must shut out the "Real World" for weeks at a time, please feel free to send it to Splash. ;) Tell him he must complete the first 100 turns in the next four weeks. That should distract him from the tournament a little.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave H:

SuperTed,

Please tell me you're not getting people in the Newbie Tournament hooked on some massive scenario. :eek: Let's keep our focus here.

But, if you are luring newbies into monster scenarios where they must shut out the "Real World" for weeks at a time, please feel free to send it to Splash. ;) Tell him he must complete the first 100 turns in the next four weeks. That should distract him from the tournament a little.<hr></blockquote>

Dave,

I see you're getting into the spirit of things. I like it. smile.gif

I would like to thank SuperTed for a GREAT scenario and DD_Rob for playing it with me. That was my first ever internet game, I'm now hooked, God help me! I am curious to know what strategies other players use when playing this scenario. Great Fun!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by R.C.:

I would like to thank SuperTed for a GREAT scenario and DD_Rob for playing it with me. That was my first ever internet game, I'm now hooked, God help me! I am curious to know what strategies other players use when playing this scenario. Great Fun!<hr></blockquote>

R.C. is referring to "Down in the Valley." Since I am using this scenario throughout the tournament for "special" circumstances (eg. tie-breakers, etc.), all I ask is that you not give away vital information. Thanks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave H:

SuperTed,

But, if you are luring newbies into monster scenarios where they must shut out the "Real World" for weeks at a time, please feel free to send it to Splash. ;) Tell him he must complete the first 100 turns in the next four weeks. That should distract him from the tournament a little.<hr></blockquote>

Oh I'm a busy little beaver -- sharping my teeth, mating beneath the ice in our barked dome (you know they do that now don't you). Dreaming of grand trees to be felled and little saplings as trophies for the offspring.

Runting on bada BUMP!

Well, I am finally able to make the big announcement I have been hinting at making for a few weeks now. Thanks to the guys at Battlefront.com, the Newbie Tournaments now have prizes for the winners!

Each of the four group winners will win a special Battlefront.com Panther G print. So, that's one for each of the winners from the SuperNewbies, the GV Newbies, the Newbie Rejects, and the Alterna Bowl.

But, wait! There's more! The above four winners will enter the Newbie Finals to determine who the Ultimate Newbie is! The Ultimate Newbie will receive the ENTIRE SET of prints from Battlefront.com!

If you would like to take a look at the prizes, go here.

Enjoy and good luck to all!

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

But, wait! There's more! The Ultimate Newbie will receive the ENTIRE SET of prints from Battlefront.com!

<hr></blockquote>

Jeez Ted, how long am I gonna have to stare at this empty wall of mine -- it's hugh! ;)

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Splash ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Splash:

Jeez Ted, how long am I gonna have to stare at this empty wall of mine -- it's hugh! ;)

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Splash ]<hr></blockquote>

Splash,

I'll send over a box of crayons right away! tongue.gif

More results from the GV Newbies:

Eric Alkema (French) defeated Major Catastrophe (German) by a score of 58-42 in Mighty Mouse.

So, Eric Alkema wins Round 1 with an overall score of 124-76 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Eric Alkema!

[ January 30, 2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

More results from the SuperNewbie Alternates:

Dinga (German) defeated Bruce Robert (British), 82-18, in Medium Rare.

Congratulations to Dinga!<hr></blockquote>

Holy Cow :eek:

My curiosity is piqued....I await the AAR.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Darknight_Canuck ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Com'mon round two!

"To the last that I grapple with thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee." :cool: <hr></blockquote>

VJ,

The FCC strictly forbids quoting Star Trek and Lord of the Rings in the same post. tongue.gif