Has anyone else noticed these bugs?

When playing an operation which includes multiple color-coded setup zones (green, black & yellow for the Axis; red, white & blue for the Allies), any use of the 'Play Balance' adjustment at the beginning will nullify all but one setup zone. The units in other zones will have their colored bases (in setup) changed to match the color of the setup zone closest to their end of the map.

And what exactly are the defenders in an operation doing between battles that prevents them (the defenders, mind you!) from digging foxholes in new postions. The attacker digs foxholes... why not the defender?

[ March 11, 2002, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Clubfoot:

When playing an operation which includes multiple color-coded setup zones (green, black & yellow for the Axis; red, white & blue for the Allies), any use of the 'Play Balance' adjustment at the beginning will nullify all but one setup zone. The units in other zones will have their colored bases (in setup) changed to match the color of the setup zone closest to their end of the map.

Aha! Found it!

I just noticed this for the first time today, and it makes some operation's first battles virtually unplayable.

For instance: If you use the play balance option to give the axis more troops in the "Utrechtse weg" operation you'll find that most of the Allied defender are placed right in the streets by the designer. Featuring three setup zones, you can either opt to just leave them there and run for cover in turn one, or you could all place them on the one flank you're allowed to place them. Both options are totally unsuitable!

Since this hasn't got a reply from BFC I'm hoping they read this and fix it for CMBB

Speaking of bug-a-boo's, I just noticed the other day during a setup turn that I could "dig in" my tank in the middle of a concrete courtyard. Pretty funny to see really. Me thinks they should have jackhammer sound effects go off when you do that. smile.gif

Originally posted by BeWary:

Speaking of bug-a-boo's, I just noticed the other day during a setup turn that I could "dig in" my tank in the middle of a concrete courtyard. Pretty funny to see really.

Really? Why? You know, in a case like that, digging in might represent surrounding the tank with sand bags or debris.

Michael

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of bug-a-boo's, I just noticed the other day during a setup turn that I could "dig in" my tank in the middle of a concrete courtyard. Pretty funny to see really.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then Michael emrys wrote:

Really? Why? You know, in a case like that, digging in might represent surrounding the tank with sand bags or debris.

Obvariously, neither of you have driven on the streets of Georgetown in DC. Hiding a Tiger or a Panther in what the DC guvment straightfaced refers to as "potholes", would be childsplay.

[ August 07, 2002, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Speaking of bugs, just thought I'd mention that if one is playing a defensive QB, and mines and TRP's are bought, after clicking GO in preparation for the first round, several extra mine and TRP tiles mysteriously re-appear at the back of the map, still in the orderly line they appeared in when beginning the set-up. They appear to be doubles. I used to wonder at first if I'd forgotten to place them at all, cursing my rushed set-up and opponent of course:)However, a quick count of the mines and TRP's actually in play later confirmed it.

dave

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

quote:

Then Michael emrys wrote:

Obvariously, neither of you have driven on the streets of Georgetown in DC. Hiding a Tiger or a Panther in what the DC guvment straightfaced refers to as "potholes", would be childsplay.

I assumed that European street repair in the '30s and '40s would be done with more alacrity than in, say, NYC where whole semis have been known to disappear.

Besides, people in Georgetown are rich enough to hire private companies to do their street repair. Isn't that what Republicanism is all about anyway: get the government off our backs? No more taxes? Less reliance on government services?

Michael

[ August 08, 2002, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]

Originally posted by UPCdave:

Speaking of bugs, just thought I'd mention that if one is playing a defensive QB, and mines and TRP's are bought, after clicking GO in preparation for the first round, several extra mine and TRP tiles mysteriously re-appear at the back of the map, still in the orderly line they appeared in when beginning the set-up. They appear to be doubles. I used to wonder at first if I'd forgotten to place them at all, cursing my rushed set-up and opponent of course:)However, a quick count of the mines and TRP's actually in play later confirmed it.

Do you have the latest patch? I seem to remember this problem being fixed, but maybe I imagined it.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Isn't that what Republicanism is all about anyway: get the government off our backs? No more taxes? Less reliance on government services?

No, it is all about making a few rich enough that they don't have to worry about it with the rest of us.</font>