Customer relations - how to do it

Madmatt, instead of bugging you with another email, let me do this post instead, as you're as good an example of how to handle customer relations as I've come across on the net.

Phase 1: my order for CMBB doesn't arrive, at all. I wait the four weeks allocated for antipodeans, then email sales@battlefront.com who don't reply. So I post a whinge on the forum.

Phase 2. Matt immediately replies to whinge, suggesting I email him. I do this, he replies very quickly, promising to look into the matter.

Phase 3. Lucky me, I'm banned from the Forums! Apparently it's a glitch, as so many Aussies have been banned that I ended up, accidentally, with the wrong internet ISP number identifying string thing (you know, 139.142.399.00 or whatever). So I email Matt direct and ask "what gives?", plus I ask "how's the order going, Matt?". Rapid reply again, detailing why the banning stuff-up, plus the status of the order.

Phase 4. Order arrives on time (sort of, six weeks after placing it), as promised by Matt. CMBB works fine (I thought with my luck that I'd get a dodgy disk, but it seems, in US baseball parlance, I'm batting .050 instead of .000, so I'm a lucky boy – ball hit my head and bounced over Shortstop, as I stagger around dazed I accidentally step on first base – it's a safe hit!).

Moral of the story: things can go wrong, so if you're in the customer service game, you just deal with problems as quickly and efficiently as possible, and you probably won't lose the customer. In fact, you can sometimes win a completely loyal customer when lots of things go wrong and you give terrific customer service trying to rectify the problems.

End of post. I'm off to drive a T34. :cool:

Im an aussie about to be banned from the forum. I still dont have my preorder. The same thing happened when i ordered CMBO ( 3 months to downunder). I think battlefronts products are great they just need to get people who can post the ****'n stuff. :mad:

Originally posted by AP HEAD:

Im an aussie about to be banned from the forum. I still dont have my preorder. The same thing happened when i ordered CMBO ( 3 months to downunder). I think battlefronts products are great they just need to get people who can post the ****'n stuff. :mad:

WOW! That has got to be the lowest member (number) I've seen :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh, and good luck with your order btw...

Jussi

Gee, AP Head, are you Forum Lurker of the Century? Member 5, bugger-all posts after all this time. Glad I brought you out into the daylight, even if it's in grumpy and pissed-off mode, like a koala dumped from his favourite gum tree.

Hope your order arrives, though, as I know what it's like to wait, wait, wait. It's a bastard to check the mail and find nothing that takes you to Mother Russia, but up here in Sydney the local mailman didn't deliver the package. It came through some other form of courier-like delivery, via Australia Post. So if the mailman comes, it doesn't arrive, the day isn't over.

Have you emailed Matt with your query, quoting order numbers, etc? As I mentioned in my original post, he's the fella to talk to. Makes things happen, he does. Sales at Battlefront dot com is a sad, windswept ghost town.

Originally posted by REVS:

Gee, AP Head, are you Forum Lurker of the Century? Member 5, bugger-all posts after all this time.

Another thing that's strange is that he's got a lower member number than me even though I registered ten months earlier than he did. I noticed the same thing about somebody else a feew weeks back.

Something odd about this board...

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Another thing that's strange is that he's got a lower member number than me even though I registered ten months earlier than he did. I noticed the same thing about somebody else a feew weeks back.

Something odd about this board...

Michael

IIRC, it's an artifact of the Great Crash. WHen the forum db became scrambled in early 2000, users were shuffled up and numbers were reassigned alphabetically... And then some of us who tried to post when the forum was hosed had our accounts blown up permanent like so my somewhere in the triple digits user had to be recreated.

Yes the great crash.

This is my second profile, my first, riptides, was removed as were ALL posts and replies. No matter where they were.

riptides never exsisted, the US government should look into this software and prevent corporations from using it. ;) It completely wiped all records out. Hmmmmmm..... :cool:

Mike Z.

I thought that whinge was an Australian word mainly, often combined with the word Pom.

Customer Service is easy with a small customer base. With the arrival of CMBB it is good to see very little negative customer relations posting on the boards.

How many people that are satisfied post their satisfaction compared to the numbers of disaffected customers? (I want P numbers as well)

Great job Battlefront.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

LOL tanker. I find that word misused in many forums around the WWW. I think it's just a reflection of many people's grasp of the English language (not an insult to those who are not American and have done well just to learn our language)

I think many, many English people would contest your assertion that Americans speak English....

Originally posted by Lumbergh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

LOL tanker. I find that word misused in many forums around the WWW. I think it's just a reflection of many people's grasp of the English language (not an insult to those who are not American and have done well just to learn our language)

I think many, many English people would contest your assertion that Americans speak English....</font>

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

You're correct. We're not pretentious enough to speak King's English. ;)

It's the Queen's English at the moment, nd most of the rest of the world would say yo're actually too pretentious to speak something invented by anyone else!! tongue.gif

Oh and my pre-order made it down here 7 days after teh great mailout began so nyah nyah nyah! tongue.gif

(Right - who else can I piss off today..... ;) )

Originally posted by Mike:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

You're correct. We're not pretentious enough to speak King's English. ;)

It's the Queen's English at the moment, nd most of the rest of the world would say yo're actually too pretentious to speak something invented by anyone else!! tongue.gif

Oh and my pre-order made it down here 7 days after teh great mailout began so nyah nyah nyah! tongue.gif

(Right - who else can I piss off today..... ;) )</font>