How do you know if the patch has taken?

Originally posted by Fascist Dog:

Hi

another noobie with a question... :D

I've finally downloaded the CDV patch and got it installed but when I run the CMBB prog the version number in the bottom right hand corner of the screen still says version 1.0. Shouldn't that change...

many ta's

At least my US version displays "Version 1.01". I am not sure what my CDV version says, I didn't patch that one (I'm playing US version only).

I've downloaded two different versions of the CDV patch, and can assure you that, if installed properly, the "v1.01" does appear on the title screen. It even reminds me that I have the French language version of the game, despite the fact that the CDV patch is the same for all languages. Personally I didn't have to do anything with the exe. file with either patch. I don't pretend to understand the "whys" and "wherefores", I'm just thankful that CDV seem to have got something right, at least.

Thanks for the replies guy's

I solved the problem last night; I just reinstalled the original software and applied the patch and the main screen came up with version 1.01 :D

The problem was that I'd changed the name of the exe file when I tried to install the CMMOS and so the patch didn't stick.

Now, I'm going to have to try getting the CMMOS to work...