Challenges...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I will give you this Seanachai - you are well and truly a despised and despicable man, and for that very reason, you will never have your name in 23 subject headings simultaneously; apparently that is only the lot of the misunderstood.

No, Michael, I will never have my name in 23 subject headings simultaneously.

I would vastly prefer to be abused in 23 different threads simultaneously. As part of the general round-up, you know, of the 'Usual Suspects'.

Now, as to this 'Challenge' thread...

Well, Fionn, so 'You're Back'.

Walk in here, bold as brass, laying out the rules, the what-have-yous, and the demands. And challenging the lads of the Peng Challenge Thread.

You've been gone a long time, Laddie.

Oh, don't mind me, Lad. I'm not after a Lesson. I'm not after an AAR. I've no intent of a 'Victory'.

I'm here to tell ya' one thing, and one thing only.

You're good. You may be amongst the very best. You might even be 'The Best'.

But you're no 'The Best' in the Peng Challenge Thread.

Now that you're back, Lad, and can post as a free man, you've yet to take up the Challenge.

As for a game against you...well, I'm only a half-arsed player. I certainly wouldn't put my name on the list, becaue I can't imagine mustering the skills to challenge Fionn Kelly. Although I'd like to, because defeat does not bother me.

But what about the Challenge, Lad?

Would you care to show up on the Peng Challenge Thread, Lad, and bandy words with me?

You've taken on any number of challenges from our members. And you've shown neither hide nor hair to abuse any of them.

Is that what you think the Peng Challenge Thread is about?

You're a busy man, I realize. But I demand some sort of Challenge, by our now ancient and almost incomprehensible rules.

As one of the Olde Ones, I should demand that you abuse our folk individually, at length, and with feeling.

Given the rush of folk willing to play you, I will stand as their representative, and abuse you one on one.

Taunt me, Fionn.

Validate your return.

1. Peng.

2. Titan.

4. Harv (Confirmed)

5. Kingfish.

6. Hiram (Confirmed)

7. Mr Spkr (Confirmed)

8. Elvis. ( Confirmed)

9. Pondscum (Confirmed)

10. Berli (Confirmed)

11. Moriarty (Confirmed)

11. Cyberfox

12. von Shrad

13. Juju (Confirmed)

14. Joe Private (Confirmed)

15. Marlow.

16. Richard Valle (Confirmed)

17. Terence Nelan (Confirmed)

18. Wolfcub

19. Patrick Lucero (Confirmed)

20. KiwiJoe

21. Terence McLaughlin (Confirmed)

22. John Morse (Confirmed. Lawyer Rules apply ;) )

23. Patgod (Confirmed and awaited with trepidation ;) . )

24. Colonel_Deadmarsh ( Confirmed)

25. Neutral Party ( Confirmed)

26. Mikeydz ( Confirmed)

27. Herr Oberst (confirmed)

28. Scipio (Confirmed)

29. TankLord (Confirmed)

30. Stixx (Confirmed)

31. Lorak ??? Was that a challenge you damned exile?

32. Jeff Heidman (Confirmed)

Rich,

;) . Yeah I hope I last longer than I did last game ;) .

Russel,

No, once CM comes out I will finish all currently begun games using CM:BO but all NEW games will be begun using CM:BB. Of course if we were only 2 turns into a game or something then it could be cancelled and we could restart in CM:BB but it'd be unfair to restart if we were half way through the game IMO.

Charl,

Just say the word.

JoePrivate.

Yeah I decided to stop ducking the thrashing you are, undoubtedly, due to give me ;)

Juju,

Thanks for the welcome back.

Hiram,

You suck! I just thought you might like to get that out of the way before we start. ;)

Elvis,

Playing your half-blind, throwback of a sister... aka, your wife... does not constitute a fair CM matchup ( although in your part of the world it DOES seem to constitute the most common marital matchup). ;)

Seanachai,

Child. Don't talk to me about taunting. I don't remember YOU being banned you little amateur ;) . Come back here when you have some objective evidence of your ability. Until then stay below my radar lest you realise how pathetically sheltered your little "Taunt Reservation" actually is. I suggest we continue this in the Pool.

Lastly, I'd appreciate it if people wouldn't reference Dorosh in this thread. He has a huge chip on his shoulder about me stemming from the time I beat him in the Invitational Tourney. I've offered to try to talk out whatever the problem is but he refuses (Dorosh, if you read this the offer still stands. If you don't take it then you are ACTIVELY CHOOSING to remain annoyed etc and that's a pity from a humanistic standpoint). With that being borne in mind I'd rather people not encourage him to post (to this thread) since he can't seem to resist the opportunity to get in some cheap shots every time he posts... undoubtedly with a view to making me angry, having me say something in anger and then allowing him to call for me to be banned.

Overall I'd be delighted to resolve this peacefully, in private, by talking to him but he doesn't seem interested. Therefore my best option is just to ignore him BUT I can't do that if people keep bringing him back here to post and take pot shots... Just one comment regarding what he is harping on about... It is rather hypocritical to have an individual harangue me because OTHER people start threads with my name in their title ( something I can't prevent) when this same person has a long-running series of threads in the General Forum which feature his name prominently and which he seems not to attempt to prevent. I make no further comment about that.

Dorosh, I'd be GLAD to hear from you re: resolving this hatred you seem to have for me ( and which isn't reciprocated... I don't like the posts you make but, quite frankly, you haven't interfered with anything in my real life so no irrevocable lines have been crossed and I certainly amn't out to get you or anything ( This is the FIRST post since I've returned in which I've even addressed you despite the fact that you've made well over a half-dozen derogatory or taunting posts designed to anger me and get me banned again. ). As you know I've made several offers to you in the pastwhich you've always rebuffed quite scornfully and derisively but, as they say, the door is still open. You have but to knock.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

No, Michael, I will never have my name in 23 subject headings simultaneously.

I would vastly prefer to be abused in 23 different threads simultaneously. As part of the general round-up, you know, of the 'Usual Suspects'.

But I thought the charm of your ilk was that they were so unusual?

'Tis a strange place indeed, where challenges are made with "how do you do sirs" and "d'you mind if I don'ts." I suppose they actually keep score in these parts as well.

Be careful what you ask for, Olde One, you just might get it....

Hmmm, methinks my challenge was overlooked in the rush to get in line.

Fionn,

Consider your challenge accepted. We can work out the details once we lock up, but I would prefer to do battle in CMBB. I have no problem in waiting.

Originally posted by Fionn:

13. Juju (Confirmed)

How come I always get to be number 13? ;)

Anyway, cool. So, what do we do next? Will you contact me by mail?

I'm looking forward to this one.

trepidation, ha even now on the eve of your doom you use your SAT words. Fear is what you sought to cover up when you went searching through your dictionary of "big words that make fionn look smart". smile.gif

[ June 08, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Patgod ]

Ok, time's up. Everyone who hasn't contacted me yet confirming a challenge is hereby removed from the list:

The new list is as follows:

1. Peng. (Confirmed)

2. Harv (Confirmed)

3. Kingfish (Confirmed)

4. Hiram (Confirmed)

5. Mr Spkr (Confirmed)

6. Elvis. ( Confirmed)

7. Pondscum (Confirmed)

8. Berli (Confirmed)

9. Moriarty (Confirmed)

10. Juju (Confirmed)

11. Joe Private (Confirmed)

12. Richard Valle (Confirmed)

13. Terence Nelan (Confirmed)

14. Patrick Lucero (Confirmed)

15. Terence McLaughlin (Confirmed)

16. John Morse (Confirmed. Lawyer Rules apply )

17. Patgod (Confirmed and awaited with trepidation . )

18. Colonel_Deadmarsh ( Confirmed)

19. Neutral Party ( Confirmed)

20. Mikeydz ( Confirmed)

21. Herr Oberst (confirmed)

22. Scipio (Confirmed)

23. TankLord (Confirmed)

24. Stixx (Confirmed)

25. Lorak ??? Was that a challenge you damned exile?

26. Jeff Heidman (Confirmed)

Ah poor, poor Patwannabe. A useful taunt apart from the fact that a thesaurus is actually the book one would use to find a more impressive word to use in place of a simpler one ;) . You even had to edit your post... What's wrong, did you spell "ha" incorrectly? Tutt, tutt, tutt ;)

Peng, Harv, Kingfish, Hiram and Mr Spkr you'll all be receiving emails tonight with proposed maps etc. With any luck you can all begin "dying a lot now" within 24 hours ;) .

Ps. No "knock on the door" so far. Sad.

Ok, Elvis deputises for the cowardly ( yellow streak the width of the Atlantic Ocean) Mr Spkr who has presented what may just be the least believe excuse ever. "Please sir, don't massacre me. I have prior social engagements." As if a Penger could EVER be anything but anti-social.

Sheesh!! Elvis, you're up. ;)