Barrages allowed in ME's?

Obligatory Disclaimer: I did a search, did not find answer.

Ok, still reading the FM and have yet to be able to sit and play other than to return a PBEM or two. Anyway, the FM implies that you can specify an opening barrage but it did not place restrictions on which types of battles. Now a barrage is supposed to represent pre-planning and pre-targetting, much like TRPs. And much like fortifications and TRPs, barrages should not be allowed in meeting engagements. Are they?

Yeah, it was interesting when we had them. Especially when both sides had green troops and rockets.

Turn 1: pre-barrage on setup zones.

Turns 2-14: Waiting for troops to recover.

Turn 15: move out.

WWB

You owe me a turn Juardis! My partisans are getting itchy trigger fingers. I really want to see how that captured PzIV I have works against your light armor. smile.gif

p.s. I'm really marc s.

[ October 04, 2002, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: xerxes ]

Originally posted by Scipio:

Funny, I started a ME a week ago and was allowed to order a barrage in round one. Bug?

I've set up dozens of QB ME's and never could order a pre-planned barrage. Of course you can plot a normal arty strike in turn 1, but that's not the same as the pre-planned strike.

Do you still have the file?

Turn 1: pre-barrage on setup zones.

Turns 2-14: Waiting for troops to recover.

Turn 15: move out.

Man, those are just wonderful when you're the defender. Buy the biggest rocket "module" you can and let 'er rip. In a few different defences, I was able to nail up to 74 troops and two vehicles at once that way. Casualties were always in the dozens, either way, despite (or because of) the very wide spread of the rockets. And then there's the morale degradation factor, which is very important. Nothing gets 'em pissing their pants like having a 300mm rocket or whatever landing on the other side of the little wheat field they're in smile.gif

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Scipio:

Funny, I started a ME a week ago and was allowed to order a barrage in round one. Bug?

I've set up dozens of QB ME's and never could order a pre-planned barrage. Of course you can plot a normal arty strike in turn 1, but that's not the same as the pre-planned strike.

Do you still have the file?</font>

Originally posted by Scipio:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Scipio, I just looked at that file and I see two spotters. When I plot for them they are both given delays like a regular barrage. Thats not a Prep Barrage but just a normal one. What did you see? Did it SAY that the barrages couldnt be replotted when you targeted with them?

Madmatt