Panther G mod in progress

Originally posted by MikeT:

LS, have you decided how many mods you will be doing? I am working up tonight the first CMMOS version and I would prefer to have them line up one after the other.

MikeT

Hi Mike,

I presume you're asking so that you can sort out the number ranges for the CMMOS rules?

I have/will do the following with variations:

1 Tri-colour 'branch' camo - a) plain; B) with balkenkreuz; c) with 11th Panzer Div insignia; d) optional turret number can be combined with other markings (This is the mod already posted at cmmods)

2 Dunkelgelb version - a) plain; B) with balkenkreuz; c) with Panzer Lehr Div insignia; d) optional turret number can be combined with other markings

3 Dunkelgelb version with zimmerit - a) plain; B) with balkenkreuz; c) with Panzer Lehr Div insignia; d) optional turret number can be combined with other markings

4 'Ambush' pattern camo with zimmerit - a) plain; B) with balkenkreuz; c) with 116th Panzer Div insignia; d) optional turret number can be combined with other markings

5 'Cloud' pattern camo with zimmerit- a) plain; B) with balkenkreuz; c) with 1st SS LSSAH Panzer Div insignia; d) optional turret number can be combined with other markings

I'll also do a winter whitewashed variant for each of the camo schemes which will feature the same combination of markings.

Phew ... that looks like a lot of work, but now I've sorted most of the base colouring the markings are easier. The winter versions and the 1st SS version will follow over time.

I hope this is all clear

LS

Thanks Mike - where would we be without you.

Okay all you mod sluts ;) - I have just uploaded my next version to cmmods. This is the plain dunkelgelb and bundled zimmerit option together in one. Sorry that it's a bit on the large size - there are a lot of bmp's in there and they're all hi res.

Enjoy.

LS

PS if there are any players out there who need a low res version for download let me know and I'll try to compromise them as best I can.

Just wanted to let the designer of this mod know that it looks great in game. I don't play CMBO anymore but I downloaded this mod and fired it up just to take a look at it and WOW! Good job!

This one is worth bringing over into CMAK. It has a nice West front/Mediteranean theater look and feel to it.

Lucky:

Any chance you will put together a MkV Ausf.A (CMBO)? The Ausf.G's are unrivaled.

You have crafted the best textures I have seen in a considerable amount of time, thus I would love to round out the CMBO Panther set with your work.

If need be, you could simply rework 4360.bmp (exhaust pipes) to match an existing camo scheme (tri-color, ambush, etc.), seeing as this is the only .bmp on the actual hull which varies from the Ausf.G model(s).

If you you are feeling especially ambitious, you could also match a scheme to a set of schurzen (4361.bmp) to compliment the Ausf.A.

Once again, thanks for the truly magnificent additions.

Thanks Jack - I'll try to bring it to CMAK when that is released - I may even have a few others by that time ;) - hopefully the bmps will be the same as for CMBB.

Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

Any chance you will put together a MkV Ausf.A (CMBO)? ...

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

You have to do that to one of the CMBB Panthers! The Panther VA could use it the most.

Thanks for all the kindly words guys.

I am gonna try and do the full family and port it over to all versions of CM asap, it's a slowish process but I'm nearly there on the 'G' for CMBO and I'm getting more efficient at this. I'm just finishing up the 'ambush' scheme now and will get that out in the next few days.

I will hopefully do a couple of different schemes for CMBB - those Kursk Panthers need a look in - I've seen a good example of a Panther D with a 'web' bi-colour scheme that could work well.

Cheers

LS

Has anybody worked on a CMBB conversion for this mod? I just downloaded it and am tempted to reinstall CMBO just to look at it. Look at the individual BMP's and it's pretty amazing. Look at 4342.bmp, looks like a close up photographic shot of a tank model. Super job!

Okay Jester (and the rest of you), I've posted the ambush version over at cmmods. Sorry for the slight delay, got side-tracked and also had to take this beasty for a spin in game (recommend Le Lorey - A Hard Stand for a bit of a Panther workout ;) )

Originally posted by GJK:

Has anybody worked on a CMBB conversion for this mod? I just downloaded it and am tempted to reinstall CMBO just to look at it. Look at the individual BMP's and it's pretty amazing. Look at 4342.bmp, looks like a close up photographic shot of a tank model. Super job!

I am planning a port to CMBB, but it'll be some time in the making - extra bmp's and the ones I've done for CMBO don't quite fit those in CMBB.

I do use some details from scale models for the bases - this does give a significant improvement in the realism factor IMHO, just seems to add something to the surface. However it's a bit slower as I have to reshape the 'photo' to the bmp texture. This is following in the tradition of KwazyDogs famous Tiger I for CMBO which is still one of my favourites.

Cheers

LS

Lycky-Strike, if you have time it would be REALLY great if you converted the bmb numbers so that for example the "gelb" version would be PZVA

and the tricolour would be PZVG (early)

And finaly the ambus version could be PZVG (late).

[ August 28, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Paddington ]

Originally posted by MikeT:

LS, given that you don't like the ambush pattern, my favorite BTW, you did a superb job. This is a beaut.

:D Thanks Mike and Pete. I think I was determined to make a go of it, plus I had some good ref. It combines a couple of sample I found and I must admit that I kind of like it as well.

Just gathering refs for the 'G Late' and 'A' variants so I should be able to get started on them this weekend. The 'A' will be the hardest as it has quite a few bits that are different. The 'G Late' is only a couple of alternate bmps.

Originally posted by Paddington

Lycky-Strike, if you have time it would be REALLY great if you converted the bmb numbers so that for example the "gelb" version would be PZVA

and the tricolour would be PZVG (early)

And finaly the ambus version could be PZVG (late).

Paddinton, I will be doing 'A' and 'G late' - using some of the bmp's from the 'G' version, but there are some differences that I will model. Colour schemes haven't been decided yet but I will include the following:

A - gelb, hasty sprayed for Normandy

G Late - gelb, maybe a geometric tri-colour pattern. Ambush is unlikely as this was a short-lived pattern and seems to have been phased out in late October 1944 (at least on the production line), about the time that 'Late' G's were appearing.

Anyway I will be considering this over the next few weeks.

Cheers

LS

I got all Panthers now in CMMOS.

I have a thought, have you considered trying to "foliage" a Panther? I have read that during Normandy they would layer tree branches and such on the tanks to make them blend in better with the tree lined roads, to keep allied aircraft from attaching them. I realize that so far this idea has met with mixed success, I have several CMBO mods in CMMOS with that, and I also realize that the Panther night not be the best for this idea but maybe some laying could work out.

MikeT