Roadblock spotting bug!!

Possible Spoiler!! I you want to play RussellMZ's GO! scenario: stop reading here.

Don't know if this has come up before. I'm just trying RussellMZ's new GO! scenario.

Now, while plotting moves for all my HT's (a convoy command springs to mind ;) ) I noticed that on a certain spot I am unable to put a waypoint. The move line turns red and I see the text 'Roadblock' on that spot. There is NO way I can see that spot, but I know it's there already.

Even worse!! I just noticed that by using a move command and scanning over the map with the cursor I can pinpoint the exact location of EVERY roadblock! Kind of spoiled the scenario, really. :(

Known bug? If not, this really needs to be addressed!

I just tested this on a quick self made map and couldn't find any of the roadblocks that I put down or barb wire etc. I tested the move, LOS and target commands and every time all I got was "open ground"

I remember that the original version had a bug where you could detect the enemy's location by using the LOS tool, or something to that effect. It has been fixed with the patches.

I think that either you have an unpatched CM, the scenario was made with an unpactched CM, or this is just some wierd isolated event.

Originally posted by Pak40:

I think that either you have an unpatched CM, the scenario was made with an unpactched CM, or this is just some wierd isolated event.

[russellmz smacks self in head] doh! i had made/started that map for a different scenario i eventually trashed way the hell back. could very possiblye be before the last patch...

Originally posted by Pak40:

I remember that the original version had a bug where you could detect the enemy's location by using the LOS tool, or something to that effect. It has been fixed with the patches.

There was a bug that allowed scanning the map for foxholes by dragging a movement order around the map. It was only present in the beta demo though. Later versions of the game had this effect fixed.

Of course it's possible that a similar effect still exists for other man-made terrain features or units. Further testing would be required.

Dschugaschwili

In the setup phase between battles of an operation, I put a Sherman in the middle of a paved road. When I was finished with setup I clicked go and... the tank was ON TOP of a roadblock. Couldn't move it the whole battle.

Grrrrrrrr...

Guy