Problem with ESC-aping in CMAK demo

When I use the ESC key or "alt-tab" to minimize CMAK and then maximize it again I get gfx problems. In the lower right and left corner of the screen (where there's some black space, next to the interface) after maximizing CMAK again my desktop seems to "shine through", flickering.

I'm using Win98, a GF2MX with 44.03 drivers. No problems in CMBO/BB with this configuration.

I'm not sure what is going on. It seems to be particular to Win98 and that Detonator version (or possibly several versions). Testing on a Win2K system didn't duplicate the problem.

If you exit out of the CMAK Demo and launch CMBO or CMBB (without rebooting or launching anything else) do you get the same problem ? Is the CMAK Demo using the same resolution as CMBB & CMBO ? Do you have any applications or utilities running in the background that you don't normally run when playing CM ?

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

If you exit out of the CMAK Demo and launch CMBO or CMBB (without rebooting or launching anything else) do you get the same problem ? Is the CMAK Demo using the same resolution as CMBB & CMBO ? Do you have any applications or utilities running in the background that you don't normally run when playing CM ?

No problem with CMBO or CMBB. All three are using 1024x768 res, desktop is 1024x768 16 bit. Only the CMAK demo give me problems.

I always have the same programs running in the background, no changes made.

I'm running on a Win2K system with a GeForce3 with the 30.87 drivers and no problems with the CMAK Demo using Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Esc. None of the FSAA options (2X, Quincux, 4X) seem to cause a problem with this driver either.

It appears that CMAK is exacerbating the problems of the 4x.xx and possibly the 5x.xx series drivers, even though CMBB may work fine with the same setup. I'm not sure what is different with the code that may be causing these problems.

If any users have the option (assuming that it is supported by their video card - this is not true for the GeForce 4 series that supports AGP 8X or the FX series cards), they may want to try out the 30.82/30.87 drivers. Of course for some people downgrading to these drivers may affect other games that perform or work better with the newer drivers.