A special 'Thank You!' to the modders who brought my site back to life...

COG

We all really appreciate you hosting a place to download mods. However the response time is abysmal. Lately I'm getting less than 2KB/sec. I get 100 times that doing downloads from other sites. Not sure if others are seeing the same slow response or if anything can be done but it makes your site unusable for me.

Elmo

Originally posted by Elmo:

COG

We all really appreciate you hosting a place to download mods. However the response time is abysmal. Lately I'm getting less than 2KB/sec. I get 100 times that doing downloads from other sites. Not sure if others are seeing the same slow response or if anything can be done but it makes your site unusable for me.

Elmo

I've the same problem :(

KC

Originally posted by Elmo:

COG

Elmo

Time for a little math lesson kids.

I have a 1.5MB/384k BITS per second connection.

That means you d/l at 384k BITS per second.

That's 48k BYTES per second

Let's say I have 24 users all d/l'ing mods.

That works out to about 2k bytes/sec d/l for everyone.

What if it's 48 users, you say?

Then we're down to 1k bytes/sec per user.

See the trend here?

This is the connection speed you get with a ***FREE*** service. Well, it's not actually free, *I* am paying for the connection, it's just free to YOU.

The only way to increase your connection speed is to chip in and buy me a $500/month T1 line, or d/l stuff between 8pm EST and 4pm EST.

Sorry, but sometimes life's a biatch.

COG

P.S. I'm not normally this harsh, but you guys picked the wrong day to complain about the speed.

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Thanks guys for helping rebuild the mod database. It wouldn't even be here if it weren't for you hard work and dedication.

And thank you for offering us a place to share them!

COG,

Your site is now where I spend most of my time after seeing mods mentioned on the CMBB forum. Once again, many thanks for running it and letting the modders get their wares up quickly for us to download. No middle man.

Your attention to maintaining the site and getting it up is commendable.

We do appreciate you!! Many thanks for the work, time, and $$$ you spend to help us enjoy CMBB.

Cheers,

Jake

Not trying to sh*t-stir, but I find it strange that BTS doesn't host this database. Especially since I can't find any of the CMBB mods on the CMHQ webbie (though feel free to tell me where if I've missed 'em).

But thanks very much to COG for hosting this. A nice simple d/b of mods, just what I need.

/me sits back and waits for CMMOS v4.0

Thank you all for your kind comments. I hope I can continue to provide you all with mod hosting services for a long time to come.

As for hooking up with BTS, that crosses the line of business venture, service level agreements and contracts. I'm not even a commercial site, just a guy with a cable modem and too much time on his hands. ;)

Now if if BTS wanted to talk about doing something like this, I'd be more than happy to, but I don't think it's a good fit for them right now.

COG