CM Meta Campaign 2 – Now accepting senior staff applications

To:

Anyone interested in serious ‘Ostfront’ campaigning,

The folks over at CMMC are accepting applications for senior ‘staff’ positions (senior as in division, corps and army commanders). This is NOT a call for general ‘CM player’ positions (lower chain of command positions), as this call-up will take place only after a senior command staff is in place.

CMMC2 scenario is historic-based Soviet offensive against Rzhev salient, Nov ’42 (infamously known as ‘Operation MARS’).

If you are interested in experiencing command and control duties in the ‘Great Patriotic War’, I would encourage you to consider this unique opportunity. Only requirement is serious motivation and commitment to operational level wargaming utilizing CMBB – don’t worry if you were not involved in the CPX or CMMC1!

General details can be found at:

http://www.cmmc2.org/

Specific details on the call-up and CMMC2 scenario are found at:

http://www.cmmc2.org/SeniorPlayerSignup.asp

Best regards,

James Bailey

OIC, CMMC1

Player, CMMC2

James, i'm interested in becoming a "simple" member, but i couldn't find the info i need.

1. are the battles played via PBEM?

2. how many turns/week are necessary?

3. where can i take a look at the maps to see the current fronts (CMMC 1)?

4. is my assumption right, that each player only plays one battle at the same time? This would be great, 'cause then i could stay active at the Blitzladder.

5. i'm interessted in, how the rules for defining the strategic situation are working - how is available equipment/supply/replacement handled?

Wouldn't it be great, if BTS would offer a downgraded StrategicCommand version, giving the user the opportunity, for direct input of battle results (the battles are fought in CM) and afterwards StrategicCommand makes all the supply/replacement calculations as usual?

[ October 25, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Originally posted by Schoerner:

[QB]James, i'm interested in becoming a "simple" member, but i couldn't find the info i need.

1. are the battles played via PBEM?

2. how many turns/week are necessary?

3. where can i take a look at the maps to see the current fronts (CMMC 1)?

4. is my assumption right, that each player only plays one battle at the same time? This would be great, 'cause then i could stay active at the Blitzladder.

5. i'm interessted in, how the rules for defining the strategic situation are working - how is available equipment/supply/replacement handled?

[QB]

I think I can answer your questions. First of all, we're not yet recruiting for battalion and regimental level positions, so you'll have to be patient smile.gif

The battles are played by PBEM, or TCP if both parties can agree to meet. Every player only plays one battle at a time (unless he fills in for somebody else, a rare occurrence).

Since the campaign has it's focus on operational level maneuvers, the frequence of tactical battles varies a lot, dependant on the position your battalion is responsible for at the front. If you're assigned to a quiet sector, worst case, you may fight a battle every six months, or, if you're part of an offensive operation, you may fight once a month. That's it. Compared to other campaigns which focus more on fighting battles, the tempo in CMMC is quite glacial :cool:

What you will know of the overall frontline as a battalion commander is limited. Even division commanders often only know their own sector and positions of neighbouring units to their immediate right and left. Generally, as a battalion commander, your regiment will provide you with a briefing, but it'll be quite cursory. The actual operation maps are kept at the respective HQ's (battalion thru Corps), and even those maps are generally inaccurate, due to Fog of war and reporting friction in the chain of command etc. So, what I'm saying is, that no one (except the Gamemasters) actually know 100% what the front line looks like.

We have written a comprehensive set of rules, which is being revised for CMMC2. All aspects of operational warfare pertinent to Corps level operations, are included. The revised rules will be made public when they're ready. The old rules, CMMC1, are available at http://www.combatmission.com/CMMC/Academy/academy.htm.

If you want to see how the first day of the CMMC1 went, check out the cool Flash files at:

http://www.cmmc2.org/CMMC1%5FMultimedia%2Easp

Hope to see you in Russia !

Originally posted by Schoerner:

Great! Another SS-Battaillonskommandant will be at your disposal.

Excellent - except that it looks like there'll be no SS-units in CMMC2 :rolleyes:

We'll post something here when it's time to sign up for CMMC2.

Now, out of interest, would you prefer playing as the Soviets or the Germans in Nov '42 ?

[ October 27, 2002, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Count Sessine ]