Sounds for CMBB?! (Voices)

I am curious if BTS has done all the voices for CMBB, Russian, German, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian and Finnish. If so, how long did it take to record all the voices and who did them for you, the Russian ones in piticular?

And if you can tell me (us) will the Russian yell something like "Za Rodinu!" when they charge or move out. If it's possible can you maybe post a link to a sound file and lets us hear a sound byte from CMBB?

thanx in advance!

I have full or nearly complete sound sets for all included nations other than Romanian and Hungarian. If anyone can natively (we ONLY use native speakers) speak either language please contact me AT ONCE!

The list of all voice talent will be in the manual.

Madmatt

One question I have with regard to voices in CMBO, which sound file number is it that sounds very Yank like and goes like "Yaaaah". Normally the sound is triggered when an enemy AFV is killed but it's somewhat annoying if the side doing the killing is either the Axis or British. It just doesn't sound particularly realistic if you're not playing the American side.

Regards

Jim R.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I have full or nearly complete sound sets for all included nations other than Romanian and Hungarian. If anyone can natively (we ONLY use native speakers) speak either language please contact me AT ONCE!

The list of all voice talent will be in the manual.

Madmatt<hr></blockquote>

I can recommend a good Hungarian to English phrase book if you like, oh bald one. It was used to great success by John Cleese in a certain Monty Python skit. :D

Regards

Jim R.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

One question I have with regard to voices in CMBO, which sound file number is it that sounds very Yank like and goes like "Yaaaah".

<hr></blockquote>

I always thought the "Yaaa" sounded German, not American. Americans would perhaps yell "Yeah!", but this was a distinct "Yaa"-ing.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

I hope you do way better than the CC3 Finnish mod voices.

The mod voices were kind of fun and whacky but not really good. And they used speakers who were from Turku for crying out loud ! Not that I have anything against the Turku dialect but.....

Originally posted by The Commissar:

I always thought the "Yaaa" sounded German, not American. Americans would perhaps yell "Yeah!", but this was a distinct "Yaa"-ing.

Could it have something to do with the fact Ja is Yes in German ? :D

Yessssss !!! is the modern pronounciation for a success in English so Jaaah !!! translates to Yessss !!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tero:

Originally posted by The Commissar:

[qb]I always thought the "Yaaa" sounded German, not American. Americans would perhaps yell "Yeah!", but this was a distinct "Yaa"-ing.

Could it have something to do with the fact Ja is Yes in German ? :D

Yessssss !!! is the modern pronounciation for a success in English so Jaaah !!! translates to Yessss !!![/QB]<hr></blockquote>

Yes, I DO know this but it's said with such an American sounding accent, that's what I find so grating (only for the non American forc es of course).

Back to the original question, does anybody know that file number?

Regards

Jim R.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PEIPER#1:

hey what about the SPANISH in the east front, I can do the spanish just call!!<hr></blockquote>

They won't include seperate sound files for the Blue Division Spaniards. We'll have to live with the German ones :(

Anyway it seems you live in Mexico, so I think that rules you out. Mexicans and Argentinians have VERY strong accents which are noticeably different from the Spanish peninsular ones. For English speaking people who don't know it: we have some different accents in the peninsula (Andalusian, Catalan, Basque, Galician and Castilian, and maybe Canarian, are the main ones) but all of them are way different from the Mexican and Argentinian accents. Only the Canarian one is similar to some South American accents.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: Fernando ]</p>