To all Modders: RUSSIAN PATRIOTIC SLOGANS!!!!!!!

Exemplary work. Thumbs up.

BTW, didn't they have any underground graffiti groups in the Soviet army? I mean, shouldn't we also see texts like

These guys are going all the way to Siberia

Stalin sucks!

Timoshenko was here, but I'm sure you know where he's gonna be when the sh.t hits the fan

[ October 26, 2002, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: Nabla ]

Very interesting Francesco! I eagerly look forward to the future additions and integrations.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, it won't be possible to 'paint' those slogan on CMBB tanks because the BMP used for the turret sides are specularly used for both sides.

Best regards,

Amedeo

P.S. There are however a few incorrect spellings in the slogans listed in the page.

P.P.S. E, ad esser fiscali, c'è un errore anche nella tua 'signature' ;)

Thank you very much all!

It's been a very long work... especially because of ciryllic words.

I hope it will help modders as modelists...

Be sure to look forward for improvements and additions!

I'm a bit worried about that problem with CMBB textures... could something be done? Maybe with the famous next patch? It would be really great to see russian slogans on vehicles. But also on town walls would be very nice... also german ones, like: "Berlin Bleibt Deutches" (bad spelling, I don't know german smile.gif ) or somehting like that... but it would be difficult because of the time setting... a similar slogan on a small russian house in '41 would be a bit wrong...

And as regarding modeling in general, book www.mezzimilitari.it site!

Good work to all modders!

Best regards,

Francesco

HUGE IMPORTANT ERROR!!!

Well, OK, not really.

Speaking of "For Soviet Moldavia!", Suvorov was best known for his campagins against the Ottoman Empire (Turkey), and not as a "napoleonic general". He died in 1800... while he fought the French in Italy in 1799 I suppose he could be called a "French Revolutionary Wars General", but he pretty much pre-dated that big Napoleonic Thing.

Fearsome commander - tough, hard hitting, you never knew where he might turn up. Great slogan for a tank, I hope to see it in mods! (Or I'll have to get off my butt sometime and do it myself.)

Thanks for the article!

[ October 27, 2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Tarqulene ]

X Amedeo:

Se sai che ci sono degli errori sarebbe molto simpatico se me li potessi elencare... sapere che si sono e basta non mi rende contento...

Per quanto riguarda la firma... "vivi nascosto" lo avrei voluto scrivere in lingua originale... ma così ho dovuto arrangiare.

Ciao!

Francesco

LOL! Thats disgusting! Who wrote this crap? :eek:

As a Russian, I'm telling you that ALMOST EVERY SLOGAN IS MISSPELLED on that web page!! I urge you, do not use those slogans!

To the author of web page: have some respect to the Russian history, remove that web page please.

ianc,

Not a problem! ;) Francesco, contacts me if you want to and I will be happy to help. Sorry for the initial reaction, its just that Russia is not exactly some kind of ancient civilization and you are trying to encrypt some half-rotten scripts smile.gif There are probably around 300 million people who speak Russian. Without knowing Any russian, and without using any help of these people, just looking at some old photos and trying to cook up "words" from the set of unknown letters, is a very bad method.

Dear Mindfighter,

I'd have been glad to accept your help if you wouldn't replied in such way.

When you wrote "who did this crap" you mentioned a little hard work of somebody else...

I'll correct everything I'll can, but without your help, I'm in contact with another russian.

And, please, don't tell us:

"have some respect to the Russian history, remove that web page please."

YOU should have some respect to OTHER people... especially who tried to work for those who don't have the Great Aknowledgement of Everything...

Best regards,

Francesco

>When you wrote "who did this crap" you mentioned >a little hard work of somebody else...

Ok, sorry for being rude. I'm mentioning now: you did enormous amound of work by deshiffering some photos, but the result is not very useful.

>And, please, don't tell us:

>"have some respect to the Russian history, >remove that web page please."

I tell what I want and I will say it again. Have some respect for the Russian language and history and correct all errors as soon as possible or remove THAT, please, until somebody wasted their time on making bad mods.

>especially who tried to work for those who don't >have the Great Aknowledgement of Everything...

By providing these people with completely wrong information? Hey, I just decoded an Italian slogan for these people: "\/eHN vEdl Vloi" - "came, saw, won". Unfortunately your work does look that bad.. However being bad its just one little step from being perfect! You accomplished the hardest part - collecting the actual slogans. Now its just an easy 5 minute work for a native speaker to correct them. Let's both calm down, this is really not a big issue to agrue about. If you need any help, please let me know.

It would be helpfull if these slogans were, roughly, ordered by period too. Things like "For Soviet Estonia" were more typical of late-war slogans.

Here's my stab at it:

Typical Early War:

Slogans that call for love of the motherland or the destruction of the enemy).

"Za Rodina" - "For the Motherland"

"Za Stalina!" - "For Stalin"

"Mat{b} - Rodina" - "Motherland" (the "b" is not a pronounced letter)

"Smert Fascistam" - "Death to the Fascist"

"Smert Nemetzkim Okkupantam" - "Death to the german occupiers"

"BEI fascistsku gradinu" - "Crush the fascist vipers"

"Besposhadni" - "Meciless"

"Istribitel" - "Destroyer"

Typical mid-war:

Names of people, dedications, and more downtoned slogans.

"Suvorov"

"Vpered" - "Forward"

"Latvian Sterlinets" - "Latvian Rifles (meaning soldiers I think)"

"Khabarovski Komsomolets" - "Communist youth organisation of Khabarov" (who probably colleted the funds for the tank(s)

Typical Late War

Geo-politically motivated slogans, references to the coming victory.

"Za Sovetsku Estonio/Moldavia/..." - For a soviet Estonia, Moldavia, etc" basically whtever was to be 'liberated', including those countries that didn't want to be liberated.

"Kavkaz - Berlin" - "from the Caucasus to Berlin"

"Na Berlin" - "To Berlin"

Of course references (to Stalin, communism, historical heroes, victory and Forward!) were never out of style.

[ October 29, 2002, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Foxbat ]

While no authority on the slogans and if they are utilizing Russian language with sufficient accuracy, I still wish to express my thanks to Francesco for making the effort. Slogans to put on Soviet vehicles is on my future CMBB mod "to do" list, and I'm bookmarking the link to your site.

Good show, sir!! smile.gif

Let's both calm down, this is really not a big issue to agrue about. If you need any help, please let me know.[/QB]
"agrue"?

I don't think you should post until you stop showing such contempt for the language, history and pets of the posters here. Please edit-out all your posts.

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Let's both calm down, this is really not a big issue to agrue about. If you need any help, please let me know.

"agrue"?

I don't think you should post until you stop showing such contempt for the language, history and pets of the posters here. Please edit-out all your posts.[/QB]</font>

This is really peculiar smile.gif 8 mistakes in a 4-letter word (not a single letter out of 8 matches correct 4 letters): That "Shchortz" word is suppose to be "Щёрс" <- that is in cyrillic, I believe you can all read that if you use IE or Netscape. In IE just choose View->Encoding->More->Cyrillic(Windows). I believe it should work with most default Windows installations. Tell me guys if you can read it (compare "Родина" to Rodina on Franc's web page) and I will post more corrections so that its all in one place.

I'm new to CMBB and I love it. I will be happy to help now and in the future.

[ October 29, 2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Mindfighter ]