Any progress on the "between turns dissipating smoke" bug?

Agua

The deal is that the rounds which fall in one turn, but have not yet begun emitting smoke, are somehow lost track of by the start of the next turn (or that's my understanding of it). If there is breeze blowing, it dissipates the smoke still existing from the previous turn, and since it failed to keep track of the rounds which had not yet begun emitting in the previous round, you lose the coverage from those rounds and only gain the coverage from the smoke which falls during the current round. Repeat.

The experience which reminded me of it last night was that I had a nice cover of smoke forming by about second # 45. I had my StuG IIIs paused to move from behind a forest on second # 50. By second # 15 of the following turn, the breeze had caused the smoke remaining from the previous round to dissipate, the rounds which had fallen in the previous turn but had not begun emitting were lost, and I was bare butt exposed crossing a clearing until until around second #45 - 50 of that turn.

[ December 21, 2002, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Agua ]

Originally posted by Agua:

The deal is that the rounds which fall in one turn, but have not yet begun emitting smoke, are somehow lost track of by the start of the next turn (or that's my understanding of it).

The rounds which are "in the air" at the end of the turn do not "freeze" like all the troops and stuff- they continue falling...

That's what that 'limbo-time' you may have noticed at the end of the turn is, when the clock says 60 but you're still waiting for... something.. those rounds are "falling".

Since at the beginning of the next turn, the "fresh" rounds have just started on their merry way, all the rounds taken as a whole are not uniformly distributed over time but have a phasing in and out, which, as you've noticed, makes smoke density phase in and out, (esp the smaller ones).

The BFC guys said that we were stuck with that one, it's in the 'too hard' category, so unless we unite and speak as one, eh... well... you have my empathy. Try spending the bucks on the larger arty and it shouldn't phase out.

All preceeding from my memory of Steve(?) explaining stuff why/how/etc they don't wanna/can't wanna fix it...

Eden