Newbies Post Your Tourney AARs Here!!

First, bump, bump, bump to avoid the second page!

And now the Blood'n'Steel report:

Sir, there are too much blood in the ground and too much steel burning in the hills. White4 & me are changing AFV for AFV (two double-kills at the moment)although he's 1 AFV ahead.

My reinforcements are moving quickly to reach the front (the front is almost a mile away!) and probably the W4 reinforcements are moving the same way.

So, I'm sure we'll see more blood and burning metal in the next turns ...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leta:

...And now the Blood'n'Steel report:

Sir, there are too much blood in the ground and too much steel burning in the hills. White4 & me are changing AFV for AFV (two double-kills at the moment)although he's 1 AFV ahead.

My reinforcements are moving quickly to reach the front (the front is almost a mile away!) and probably the W4 reinforcements are moving the same way.

So, I'm sure we'll see more blood and burning metal in the next turns ...

<hr></blockquote>

(in my best Monty Burns voice)

Exxxxcellent...

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

ahhhh,

vader's jester and i finally engaged in a rematch (of course, he is the one who knocked me out of the tourney) and if anyone is interested i can post our results! yes revenge is sweet! all in good fun of course!

still cheering for you to win though!

:D <hr></blockquote>

LD,

Let's hear it! smile.gif

we played one of the byte battles from germanboy i think? Para Recon in Force, or something like that. anyway, it was a fun, small pre-made scenario. i was british, vader's jester was the germans. let's see here final score was:

Brits 81 (lord dragon)

Germans 19 (vader's jester) sorry man, ted asked :D

what, more detail you ask? ok, no prob!

Allied Attacker

30 casualties (10 KIA)

2 vehicles knocked out (only carriers, 3 cromwells undamaged)

Men OK 90

Axis Defender

61 casualties (14 KIA)

8 captured

2 guns destroyed

Men OK 25

wooo hoo! a good old fashioned tail kicking!

now if only i could have pulled that one off in the tournament, dammit!!

:D:D

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Germans 19 (vader's jester) sorry man, ted asked :D

<hr></blockquote>

Oh, the shame of it all! *hangs head low-whimpers to self*

3 Churchills? Hey, I thought you had 2 Cromwells. Must have overlooked the #3 tank. You did a good job with those BTW. You kept them in good positions where they had decent fields of fire without exposing them to my AT assets very much.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave H:

Splash, please read this closely because I'm sure our scenarios in the next round will be just exactly like Blind Man's Bluff. :D

<hr></blockquote>

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you Dave H

What kind of nom de guerre is that by the by? How bout Dave HE at least?

Sorry, forgot the best part!

Your Mom calls you Davey doesn't she? tongue.gif

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Splash ]</p>

Blind Mans Bluff AAR

Polish:witko

German: Toran29

Turn 1-5

Like many others i decided that the darkness and fog would make any confrontation swift and to the point. My plan was to use the terrain to let my units "filter" together into a left and right battlegroup, each consisting of two platoons.

Turn 6

The silence was finally shattered on my left flank when my platoon HQ transformed into world-class sprinters and burst ahead of my squads to bridge one of the many clearings in the woods. A shot rang out killing one man and breaking the HQ in the process. Return fire from another squad quickly eliminated the sharpshooter.

Turn 8

One of my many mistakes. Trying to recover on my left flank i had one more clearing to bridge. Hoping Toran would be patient after the initial contact i decided to press ahead ordering two squads to run across the field with another already in position to provide support fire if needed. i watched in horror as i lost 32 men on the left flank in one turn. I didnt get much in return for these mens lives either, only managing to spot 4 squads in front of me with no idea if i had managed to do any damage or not.

On the right things werent much better. My E-platoon was distracted chasing a "sound" in the woods. D-platoon ran headlong into germans with 14 men falling. one of my overwatch squads was pinned with 6 casulties and my "field-jumper" squad was sandwiched between a mess of germans with only 5 men still able-bodied.

Turn 9

On the left things only became worse. I was hoping to take what was left of my force and slide right onto torans flank. Not being very smart i was still thinking i could inflict damage as i moved towards the exit zone. Well, my flankers were outflanked. Two squads had been completely eliminated and of the ones left only a HQ unit was full strength. my men were surrounded with fire pouring in. A bright spot? My crack squad managed to eliminate a german "team". Sigh.

On the right i frantically tried to reposition my e-platoon deciding it was better to shoot where i "knew" they were than chase where i thought they were. (something about that bird in the bush thing?). My field-jumper was eliminated but my other squads were holding out well and at least inflicting some damage as well. If only e-platoon could get set-up...

Turn 10

Only eight men remain for me on the left. Of those eight 6 are pinned and the other 2 are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. The right flank is at a standstill with both sides firing across a 30m field. Im doing my best to manuever for an advantage and im sure Toran is also.

Turn 11

My left side is no more. Only 2 men are active and they are broken hiding in the woods. I do have a sharpshooter on that side who basically was only a war correspondent for this engagement. he will flee to the exit zone and bear witness to the massacre that took place in the woods. On the right i lose another squad but manage to take out a squad also. My men see toran bring another squad up to reinforce and we actually are a bit happy as we think his placement of them will allow us to enable a little revenge.

Turn 12-15

The germans hunted down the last two men alive on the left. Were it not for the polish sharpshooter this altercation would be like so many others in that it was long ago forgotten.

On the right one of my squads develops an "im not gonna go alone" mentality and finishes off 2 german squads before being eliminated.

Turn 16-20

Moving towards the exit zone i could only hope Toran lost the way. It was not a good night to be polish and lost in the woods.

Axis: 72 casulties (23KIA) 38 men ok

score:56

Allies: 105 casulties (22 KIA) 39 men ok

score:43

Axis minor victory

Aftermath: My favorite thing about CM is you always have that "what-if" feeling. This round for me it's - What if i had been more patient? What if i had left my troops split? What if i had pulled back when first contact was made...that sort of thing.

Well played Toran, it was great fun. And a pat on the back to SuperTed for the scenario design.

Witko

(hopefully ill get an AAR out for MightyMouse when everyone is done. I think it will be more fun since the right team wins that time... smile.gif

Splash,

Glad to see you read my AAR. Now you know just what I'll do if our upcoming scenarios are infantry only, on a foggy night, in the woods. I imagine you have all of my preferences down cold.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Your Mom calls you Davey doesn't she tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

Not since about 1957. :rolleyes:

Ready for Round 2?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by witko:

Blind Mans Bluff AAR

(hopefully ill get an AAR out for MightyMouse when everyone is done. I think it will be more fun since the right team wins that time... smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

Thank you, Witko - you're being diplomatic. What happened in MightyMouse is I got spanked! What a massacre. I held onto my films so I can write an AAR, (a serious AAR and not the smarty one I wrote earlier). I wiped out the films for Blind Man's Bluff. Some notes though:

1) I had no idea my sharpie knocked out ANYONE as he was wiped out seconds later by Witko's trailing squads. I guess I better send a medal off to the widow...

2) I think we both played the map similarly: I lucked out on Witko's left flank by guessing which open field he would try to get across next and then hid my entire right flank in position, ready to open up once visual was made, which they did. We both worked for the other's flank on that side, but he was too weak to mount a solid counter-attack.

3) The opposite happened on my left flank. I was set for his rush as before, but he had way too much firepower and even though I tried to get my quickly weakening and panicked squads away from the tree-line and out of fire across the field, he'd done too much damage. I tried to flank from the middle, between both flanks, leaving me the option of pulling from my right side forces to reinforce, but his men pretty much toasted everything I still had on the left.

4) Then it was a race to the exit zones. My sharpies were FO's and had I kept them hidden I could have exited both, instead of just the one that scampered away. The other, rest in peace, decided it was in his best interests to fire into a HQ, a clever ploy by Witko to lure my sharpies out, I'm sure!

Stay tuned for the Mouse files...you'll see why it pays to take some Greyhound driving lessons before rushing out into battle...

Nice job Witko - very good AAR! And a well-played round!

Well, I am finally able to make the big announcement I have been hinting at making for a few weeks now. Thanks to the guys at Battlefront.com, the Newbie Tournaments now have prizes for the winners!

Each of the four group winners will win a special Battlefront.com Panther G print. So, that's one for each of the winners from the SuperNewbies, the GV Newbies, the Newbie Rejects, and the Alterna Bowl.

But, wait! There's more! The above four winners will enter the Newbie Finals to determine who the Ultimate Newbie is! The Ultimate Newbie will receive the ENTIRE SET of prints from Battlefront.com!

If you would like to take a look at the prizes, go here.

Enjoy and good luck to all!

Must congratulate BTS on their absolutely fantastic special effects, here in Sydney playing "Medium Rare" I really did wake with the taste of smoke in my mouth and eyes streaming from same. How do they do it? If the next scenario has floods in it, I am leaving town!!*##?! :eek: