Fit, weakened, unfit

JAT

I have found 3 references in the manual to these terms:

Page 165: Fitness - sets the fitness of the units or formations you want to purchase...

Page 170: Fitness - changes the fitness level for the unit.

Page 180: Fitness - choices are Fit, Weakened, Unfit or Random.

I went through the manual 3 times (skimming pretty thoroughly) and nowhere did I find a definition of these terms. If I missed it, please let me know the page number. Just what does unfit mean? How does it affect infantry effectiveness? I know when I was in the Navy in boot camp, there was a guy from Tenn. who didn't know how to wipe his butt. Literally! (No, I didn't watch and I won't go into the details of how everybody knew this.) Is this an example of unfit?

See Page 145 and don't forget the Index at the back of the manual smile.gif

The fitness level determines the relative physical fitness of the unit in question.

The more unfit a unit (Fit -> Weakened -> Unfit), the less physically capable the unit is. Meaning they tire faster, recover more slowly and impacts how quickly units panic etc.

Anyway, check page 145. I think that should answer your questions.

Originally posted by Cameroon:

...don't forget the Index at the back of the manual

Which regrettably is not actually an index, but is a fine detailed table of contents. I hope that in future printings of the manual, BFC will consider moving it to the front of the book and creating a true index as that would be a vast help in looking up such things as JAT writes about.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cameroon:

Which regrettably is not actually an index, but is a fine detailed table of contents. I hope that in future printings of the manual, BFC will consider moving it to the front of the book and creating a true index as that would be a vast help in looking up such things as JAT writes about.

Michael</font>

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cameroon:

Michael</font>

Thanks guys.

And bump bump bump on the index. I have found other things in the manual too that give me headaches, but not worth mentioning as I have Tylenol and Time.

Having a battalion of unfit conscripts is not my idea of a fun QB. Kinda like have a million Woody Allens running around. Gives a whole new meaning to "having a woody".

Originally posted by JAT:

Having a battalion of unfit conscripts is not my idea of a fun QB. Kinda like have a million Woody Allens running around. Gives a whole new meaning to "having a woody".

LOL! Have they figured out which end of the rifle they are supposed to point at the enemy yet?

:D

Michael

Originally posted by xerxes:

unfit conscripts are dirt cheap. Send them spread out in successive waves until the enemy runs out of bullets. :0

Easier said than done. I ran a test not long ago where over relatively open ground, three MG 34s on low ammo backed up by a platoon of split squads, kept 2 companies of unfit conscript soviet infantry pinned down for 18 turns....