After tutorial: Witch missions do you suggest?

Rolf

Hallo,

yesterday I’ve finished the CM-Tutorial Mission smile.gif

Now Im looking for missions with a light learningcurve and withot too mucht frustrations *g*. But there are so many missions in CM.

Could you give me a tip, witch 5-10 missions I shout play next?

Thanks

Rolf

I think the best strategy for you is to choose first of all the small maps.

It's easier to command a relative small group of vehicles, troops etc. than a big one.

After that experience you can go on with the medium ones. And finaly the large maps...

Go pick up Patrick Ware's "No rest for the weary". A five scenario set. You WILL come away from that set with a good basic grasp of combined arms tactics. Each scenario is small and each scenario utilizes different support units which accompany a single infantry company throughout the campaign.

Originally posted by Agua:

Go pick up Patrick Ware's "No rest for the weary". A five scenario set. You WILL come away from that set with a good basic grasp of combined arms tactics. Each scenario is small and each scenario utilizes different support units which accompany a single infantry company throughout the campaign.

The other Patrick Ware scenario set is good too--can't remember the name of it, but it, too, is a good company level tactical trainer.

Wild Bill Wilder is sort of the dean of CM scenario designers and his scenarios generally tend to play quite well against the AI

When you start getting interested in human vs. human play (PBEM or TCP), Rune's scenarios are often very good as tactical challenges against other players.

There are hundreds of scenarios available at the Scenario Depot, many with reviews and player comments. Welcome to the world's greatest wargame!

Try some of the excellent scenarios suggested. After that--when you're ready, try some of the variety offered. By that I mean night, fog, heavy fog, rain, snow and mud scenarios. You might not like them all equally, but you'll learn alot and get a real feel for the game and maybe even a bit of history.