Any good Berlin maps c. 1945 out there?

I am done with a huge map of central Berlin, but I need a guide to elevations. I have used Ryan's "The Last Battle" and a great pre WW1 book of photographs of the city as reference. Anyone know of a good source for a detailed map of the city?

I will post it to whoever wants it. I thought it would be good to get this out pre-CMBB, so someone who wants to do a Western Allies version of the final battle can. It is a beast, though-from Charlottenburg to the Friedrikstrasse W to E, and from the Spree to below the Zoo N-S.

Thanks, Michael. I will look for it. I will send the map to the scenario depot in the next day or two. I have left all buildings intact, I will maybe do another bomb/battle damaged map later. I envision the map as being amenable to being parceled into more manageable sections for those that want to use it for smaller battles-or for those crazy enough to try it, a large scale battle. It would be great as well for Mike T&Co.'s Frontovik mod (for those that cannot wait for CMBB).

I would also like to try to make a Caen map if I can find good enough maps. This map making is a great OCD outlet...

Originally posted by benpark:

I am done with a huge map of central Berlin, but I need a guide to elevations. I have used Ryan's "The Last Battle" and a great pre WW1 book of photographs of the city as reference. Anyone know of a good source for a detailed map of the city?

I will post it to whoever wants it. I thought it would be good to get this out pre-CMBB, so someone who wants to do a Western Allies version of the final battle can. It is a beast, though-from Charlottenburg to the Friedrikstrasse W to E, and from the Spree to below the Zoo N-S.

There should be US army or USGS survey maps out there. ALthough some streets and buildings have changed, I doubt the elevations have changed all that much in the last 55 years.

I sent the map to the Scenario Depot, thanks for the replies. I ended up shifting the elevation based upon what I could find from photographs from the ground c. 1910. For the other areas, I guessed-until I can fill in the gaps. When it gets out there I appreciate any comments-I want it to be as correct as possible. I will do a battle/bomb damaged version this week, then on to something else.

An interesting map link I came across in my search:

http://www.maps.ethz.ch/map_catalogue-thematic2.html