My lucky PanzerFaust shot

Wanted to share this moment of luck.

So i play one little "training" QB against AI. I'm defending and have one Security platoon forward to try to sneak around AI's flank (2 squads has Panzerfaust -30).

But what the gamey AI do? He's a bloody edge-hugger and advances three Shermans through the opening between woods and left map edge.

The closest squad pops up and targets the tank firing off a burst:

707345.jpg

Notice the distance is 40 meters. As you all know, CM TacAI tends to fire the Fausts off only when target is about half the distance away from original weapon's range, so in this case it would be around 15 meters.

But the next second:

522238.jpg

SWOOOSH

and:

137342.jpg

KO.

This is first time in couple years i see Panzerfaust fired at a target further its designated range.

Any other stories?

I had a downhill fast speeding Brit Bren gun carrier taken out at about 120 meters by a faust. :eek: :eek:

Great shot by that evil faust. I watched it a few times. A few turns later, that same faust could not take out a stationary carrier at about 100 meters. :cool: :D

All it comes down to is Dame Fortune smiling on one or one's opponent. redface.gif

By the way, I won that game and the faust bought the farm. :D

Cheers, Richard tongue.giftongue.gif

Originally posted by PiggDogg:

I had a downhill fast speeding Brit Bren gun carrier taken out at about 120 meters by a faust. :eek: :eek:

His finest moment... And then your limey bastards shot my good soldier in the back... THE BACK!!!!

Don't you owe me a turn? Get to it!