How to play PC & Mac versions for the price of one ?

Here's my problem :

I have at home a Mac, and at work a PC laptop. I'd like to run CMBB on both models. It was possible with CMBO (both PC and Mac versions were provided on the same CD), but no more for CMBB : on the CD I bought from BFC there is only the Mac version. (only one version fits on the CD)

So my question is : how can I play CMBB on both PC and Mac computers, without having to pay a second time ?

I could imagine the following system : BFC (or CDV, as I live in europe) sends me the PC CD, and I pay only the postal service.

To ask such a question, I assume the following : when I pay the 45 $ game licence, it's a personnal licence : I am allowed to play the game, independently from the platform, PC or Mac, or the given computer (if I had two macs, one at home, one at my holyday house, I could play on the two machines). It was the case with CMBO, I think it should be the same for CMBB

What do you think ? I'm sometimes away from home (and from my desktop G4) with my laptop, I'd really enjoy continue my CMBB plays on the PC laptop !

yeah, it was tough for me to choose if i'd rather play it on my mac laptop or my pc desktop. in the end the desktop won (its got a Geforce4 smile.gif ).

i guess i won't stop playing CMBO after all...

[ November 12, 2002, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Baetis ]

Well if you had bought the PC version I'd suggest buying Virtual PC to use on the Mac, but since you bought the Mac version - There seems no alternative but to throw away that Wintel box and fully embrace the superior equipment from the people at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino!!!

I too wish we still had the option

of playing both PC & Mac versions

from one CD source

So I am sympathetic

but the realites of CD space and economics

probably will preclude that, from now on

As far as owning a license for the Game

I dont know of any company that makes both PC & Mac Games

offered on seperate CD's

that would provide the alternate version

when only the other has been purchased