CMBB Sneak Preview in Sydney

OK, the Sydney demo is currently set for Sunday 28 July. Time to call for a show of interest in Sydney.

Here's the drill:

1) If there are only a few people it will be at my home.

2) If there are more than a few people, gibsonm has kindly offered the use of a hall in Parramatta.

3) There is a chance I may need to work on the Sunday - probably only about 10%, but be warned there is a chance of a late cancellation.

4) We may need to cap numbers, so the earlier you post the better you're chance of checking it out.

There are a few other bits and pieces we'll need to cover off closer to the day, but for now let's start with interested attendees posting to this thread.

Hmmmm, Sydney is only about 13 hours away...

If i leave on saturday my car might make it as far south as Grafton if i'm lucky. Then i'll hitch hike on to Coffs Harbour, steal a car from there and get to the central coast. I have a mate there who can give me a lift in to Sydney! Yes! I think i can make it!

*Then i woke up!* :(

Originally posted by jrcar:

Well I'm tempted... where in Sydney?

I was wondering if you'd turn up. Good to see another TacOps list member. smile.gif

Crows Nest if the numbers are small, Parramatta if we get a huge crowd.

The road from Canberra to Sydney flies since they opened up the expressway, and a breeze for a one-day beta-test. I know because I did it in the other direction when I had a go beta-testing Freedom Force at Irrational Games, Canberra. :D

Bad Dog: time still TBA, but I expect it would be the better part of a day.

I'll be interstate until Monday next week, but will try to check in and bump the post periodically.

[ July 16, 2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Brian Rock ]

Originally posted by Brian Rock:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jrcar:

Well I'm tempted... where in Sydney?

I was wondering if you'd turn up. Good to see another TacOps list member. smile.gif

Crows Nest if the numbers are small, Parramatta if we get a huge crowd.

The road from Canberra to Sydney flies since they opened up the expressway, and a breeze for a one-day beta-test. I know because I did it in the other direction when I had a go beta-testing Freedom Force at Irrational Games, Canberra. :D </font>

Confirming a strong intention to head to the big smoke with a friend. Paramatta would be good... do you want another Laptop (it has a 16MB graphics card, 866 with 512MB I think running Win2k)? I can also bring a 50m cat5 crossover cable for playing head to head via TCP. I can also bring a normal computer as well.

Anyone else from Canberra interested?

Cheers

Rob

Originally posted by jrcar:

I can also bring a 50m cat5 crossover cable for playing head to head via TCP. I can also bring a normal computer as well.

If its at Parra, don't worry about the cable. I'll bring a 8 port 100Mb switch and a few (8?) cables.

Bump.

I'll be sending out emails tomorrow to everybody to confirm numbers. I'll need to close bookings off soon because if we are going to use Parramatta gibsonm is going to need to book the hall and make arrangements.

With current numbers it's looking more like Crows Nest than Parramatta - fortunately it's just off the freeway so it's a reasonably fast run from Canberra. And I'll have some coldies to make it worth your while, jrcar. ;)

Originally posted by Brian Rock:

With current numbers it's looking more like Crows Nest than Parramatta - fortunately it's just off the freeway so it's a reasonably fast run from Canberra. And I'll have some coldies to make it worth your while, jrcar. ;)

Well as I'm bringing a designated driver that will be great smile.gif

Please tell us what to bring, or if you need anything just ask.

Cheers

Rob