Urban Combat

Everyone seems fixated on the new problems created by CMBB as far as anti-tank weapons and tank vs tank etc, in open terrain, and in the early years.

I'm looking forward to battles in urban areas, i.e Stalingrad, Kharkov and Budapest as examples.

Urban combat in the East, reached levels never before seen in WWII, except maybe compared with the close in, squad against squad fighting on the islands of the Pacific.

Will the game allow us to blow holes through walls of adjacent buildings? Will ammo load outs for urban encounters include more grenades,Molotov cocktails, smoke and even bladed weapons for infantry units?

What about below ground movement, sewers, cellars? There is a whole new range of possiblities, and a new meaning to combined arms when fighting in cities.

I hope the game has taken this into consideration. Have I missed a thread on this anywhere?

I too lust after some good factory romps.

I'm a little disapointed in what I've heard about factories so far. no vehicles inside, not as 'flash' graphically as I had hoped. But, hey you can't expect everything and CM:BB allready delivers so much.

I hope you can place guns/mines inside bldgs. I don't think you can 'extra fortify' a bldg

-sewer movement is in

-havn't heard nuttin about cellers so, I think there are none.

-I think keyholing is out (holes in walls) last I heard it is an engine limitation.

-grenades, molotov's are upto scenario designer.

-hand 2 hand fighting (blades) was in CM:BO

-squad lvl smoke is out AFAIK as most people think it was not used much/was ineffectual when used

there are trenches